• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's behind your DB nickname?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Re: What's behing your DB nickname?

Hey there all ! .. nice thread .. thanks Pez .. :)

There is a clear side of my nick (adolphin) .. no? .. a-dolphin, just one, an average one among many special others -deeperblue has many high quality "Dolphins" actually.. :)

Now the other side, is that my actual name is Adel (could be spelled Adol as well in some local accents) so it will be Adol = Adel + Phin = fin, yes, that's the monofin that helps me be the dolphin I am .. :D

hey all, thought i'd pop-in and contribute... a giant marine snail is found along the south african coast going by the local name alikreukel. we abbreviate it sometimes as alikrik or akrikel. collecting these was a favourite habit when i was young and i still enjoy eating this 'poor man's food'. i feel it keeps me tied to my community, in a way. i have a manual mincer which i use to mince the meat and make 'frikkadels'or pattys. very yummy! pic attached of me getting some. i usually collect then after a spearfishing session and on my way out the water

Attachments

• DSC00375a.jpg
    DSC00375a.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0082a.jpg
    PICT0082a.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: podge

Well I was in a film called 'Gladiator', it did alright in the cinemas. I liked my characters name so much I have adopted it. I have let myself go a bit since the film but i'm still handy with a sword.

Reactions: island_sands

Well I was in a film called 'Gladiator', it did alright in the cinemas. I liked my characters name so much I have adopted it. I have let myself go a bit since the film but i'm still handy with a sword.

Oh really Spaniard and which sword is that? rofl

Well,- my surname is Macnaughton,- so Macnaughty or just Naughty is a long standing nickname... Probably has been for generations really.

Somehow I got the nickname in college for my tendency to crash pool parties in my Speedo. I guess I have no shame. And definitely no camel-toe. ;)

O no not the camel toe sketch again [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_toe]Cameltoe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] rofl

I had a girlfriend who's young son used to watch a claymation superhero show. In the show one of the characters was stinkydiver(who would exit to the rescue by means of flushing himself down the toilet). One day as I was leaving on a dive he saw my gear and asked if I was stinkydiving and led me to the toilet. So it was only natural I was to be forevermore "STINKY DIVER"

Tom

Ha! Funniest one i've heard so far rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT