• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

where are you from?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Where Have You Dived?

• Africa

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Asia

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Europe

Votes: 166 47.0%
  • North America

Votes: 110 31.2%
  • South America

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Somewhere Else?

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters
It's getting cold over here, but at least no great sharks to fear :D .

Greetings from Carinthia/Austria

Attachments

• img_3570.sized.jpg
    img_3570.sized.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
st3fan,

What a beautiful place... I don't know what else to say! Austria is on my (very short) list of 'must visit' places in Europe.

Great picture, Thanks!

Aaron

hi

Don' feel bad Jure- as you see the picture from autria what a contrast- you can see the snow- the green plants and the water- is a beautiful place-- Every country has his own beauty- and qualities that give pleasure to the senses ...

Saludos
Daniel.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I am Roberto, a peruvian spearo now living in Canada (yup..not so many fishes to spear over here!)

Hey SASpearo from SA, do you know Chris Ananiadis? We had some good fishings when he was for some months in Peru.

Saludos a todos
Greetings

Roberto

@flyboy
If you want to see nature, go everywhere but vienna. If you want to go freediving come to Carinthia and make sure to contact me ;).

The austrian freediving community is a cohort of extremes. To give you some examples...

Herbert Nitsch - The man who is setting the world's most amazing records
Christian Redl - The man with the most controversial "records"
Dieter Baumann - The man with world's most voluminous freediving suit
Harald Lautner - The man who own's the only 6x6m swimming fortress dedicated to freediving

All in all we have alot of fun here :D and it would be great if some of you would come to visit us. The next international competition will take place at the 10th of September at Millstätter Lake/Carinthia.
http://freediving.at/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=62

another shot from one of our "magic-spots":

Attachments

• aaa.sized.jpg
    aaa.sized.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 411
Although I love to visit other places, I really do have it good here too. One of my freediving spots (Tobermory) has 40-70 feet vis depending on the time of year, and the water is clean enough to drink even in the summertime. Just a beautiful spot. Plus the "best freshwater wreck diving" (kingston) is not far away either. Within a 3 hour drive, I have at least 7-8 locations to freedive, with multipule sites at all but one!

st3fan,
Yes! If I'm in Austria I will most certianly contact you for some freediving! I'm not sure at this point about next year's scheadule, but I'll make a note of your event for sure. It would be great to dive there.

Cheers,
Aaron

Kingston, Ontario

Just have to add my 2 cents here (Canadian money that is)

Kingston, Ontario, some of the Best Freshwater Wreck Diving in the world! Our presiding weather pattern is such that nearly all ships that tried to cross Lake Ontario tended to be blown up into the Northeast corner of the lake, where abundant shoals and the 1000 Islands took care of the less fortunate ones.

I was fortunate enough to treat flyboy748 to a full day of diving - I believe our total 'wet' time was around 5 hours by the time it got dark! Outstanding! Since we don't have a boat with driver available, we had to stick to shore, but there's plenty to choose from in the area.

BTW Aaron, the pics are developed, and a few even turned out. I may yet have time to post one or two...........

And I've had a change to scuba the Portsmouth site now, there IS stuff to see............

Hey'all,
Greetings from the Land of the Long Dark Pint.

That would be Ireland, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Arthur's brew.

I once saw it on an ad billboard in Jamaica!!!
Fancy that - Guinness in the Caribbean?!

Dving
scuba -started in Koh Tao, South East coast of Thailand
then popped across to Oz - a few dives in Byron Bay,
Sydney, and liveaboards out of Cairns & then out of the Witsundays (Great Barrier Reef) - not bad!
oh! and did the Advanced Open Water course there.

Then home in '97,
started diving in Ireland...
first ever dive in Ireland - in Feb. 98,
in a slate quarry about 3 hours drive from Dublin,

water temp. 4 degrees, air temp about the same, nothing
I ended the dive after about 15 minutes, b/c there's a point after yer fingers go numb, when they can actually get bloody sore!

Rescue Course in Ireland a month later -
water temp 8 degrees,
vis - about 1 foot max!

Dived in the Red Sea (Egypt) April '99 (Sharm el Sheikh / Na'ama)
went back to do Divemaster in Sep. '99 and stayed till end of year
Did Instructor's Course slightly later...

The Red Sea ROCKS!!!!
loads of good divesites,
plenty of depth available - easy to get 50m+ on a shoredive, if you want it.

Diving in Ireland is great fun - especially on the West Coast -
(Gulf Stream (from Florida / Mexico),
and next stop after Ireland - U.S. - 2500 km+ away)
mainly b/c of the company - "craic agus ceol" - laughs & music...
and of course, pints.

Started freediving December in Dahab, 2003 -
hopefully will be back in a few months -

love it!

Gotta go!!!

hasta

Graham

Que paso Locos!!!

We are located 1 hour south of San Felipe in Baja California Mexico. The sea of cortez is out playground and the ocean supports everything down here!

GTB
www.gonetobaja.com

Hi every one I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Lots of river diveing for lost stuff. Once I found three working timex watches on a single breath.
Cheers Dave

First post

Hi all,
i was having troubles registering and activating my account. Finnaly i can post...

I'm from the 42km coastline Slovenia. Koper is by the see... well more a puddle. The bottom is silt and average 20m deep... smrk, smrk... The deepest point has its 38,5m maybe 40m with centanual tide... Luckily for us, Croatian coast is just minutes away. An hour of car drive and we can dive on Croatian coasts with 50+m depths, and clear blue see i like a lot ...

LP
Erik, SAPA Slovenija apnea team

Hello everybody ( Hola a todos) I am from Panama City, republic of Panama, We are the link between North, Central and South America. Normally geographical books locate us in Central America.

Is a place with ocean on both sides and also lakes (if we want, we made a dive in each side and the canal lake in one day.

We have a beutiful place, Coiba Island, one of the wildest places in the world, you will see whales, orcas, big game fish, turtles, sharks, manta rays and more.

We hope to keep this area well preserved.

Welcome everybody who want to dive in ours waters.

Reactions: donmoore
Hi guys... My Dad is Dutch, my Mom is Singaporean and I was born in Belgium :)duh) Right now I am living in France...
So I am a Dutch/Singaporean/Belgium guy living in France...
Right next to my house is the sea so I can dive whenever I want and a 10 minute boat ride I can get to two lovely islands which are way overfished... unless you go far out and go near the drop-offs...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT