• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to find the freediving girls?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Easy to say when living in OC California with loads af sporty nice women on the beach.

Try that in Sweden.

"There are currently only 389 freediving women in the whole world, and only 4 of those are single"

really - in that case I'm one and I think I know the other three....

there are loads of us out there, we just don't shout about it as much as the guys do. Freediving for girls tends to be PART of their lives, not all of it (Personally I am the sad exception to that part of the rule)

Seriously - we at SaltFree also noticed this problem. In the UK I think the girl:guy ratio is about 1:10 at the moment. I have been running a quest to find top new female freedivers over the last couple of months and its called the "SaltFree Mermaid Challenge"

http://www.geocities.com/samdive/sfmermaid.html

The good news is I have had about 25 serious applications and am taking a bunch of girls in the pool in London and Bristol next week to choose a winner - and hoping that most if not all of them will carry on freediving.

So - my top tip for meeting a freedive girl - is to come to SaltFree next season when they will be out in force!

And my top tip for meeting and KEEPING a freedive girl is to remember that ultimately the girl/guy in your life is more important than how long you can hold your breath.

Sam

I agree to all you say Sam.

Sometimes it is hard to explain to some female friends i have that they should try freediivng and that is in not all about beeing the best but more about having fun and
that it can be about a way of enjoying the sea and ocean in a natural way.

Girls say they have to small lungs and that they are nto good at swimming.
I think the tencency in freediving to concentrate on the competition part and that this is also what is shouwed out to the public scares away normal people that feel they can never be like thoose heroines of heroes that can do theese remarcable performances.

I saw your info about the "Salt Free Mermaid Challenge" and it is a great idea!

The problem with girls who are together with a fanatic frrediver gu is as you say many times that the guys are living for their freediving and sometimes it can be hard thing for making relationship work out.

I think if there would be more people that get into recreational freediving and use the techniques from advanced freediving and advance slowly in their progress and have more fun and evolve as persons and develop their waterskill at same time will make freediving have a bigger growthground to stand on and this will be benefitial for all freedivers. But on the other hand some might not want alot of people in their own sport. I perosnaly never seen freediving as a sport more like a recreation and fun thing to do and even if you are in a competition its alot about competing with your self and learning to know your own body and learn to relax and focus.

This is something that will fit modern hectic life really well.

Why not ask companies to send their staff to a freediving course weekend with Yoga and relaxiation also and a introduction to what freediving is.

take away the macho thing that people think is freediving and try to get the message out that it is not the most dangerous thing to do!

"The problem with girls who are together with a fanatic frrediver gu is as you say many times that the guys are living for their freediving and sometimes it can be hard thing for making relationship work out"

or sometimes the other way round!

I don't think girls think freediving is macho - the girls who have applied for the Mermaid Challenge have all been asked why they have applied for it..

the two most common answers - in fact ALL of the applicants chose one of the following

1) because they are competitive and find scuba diving not competitive enough

or

2) the "being on the ocean on its own terms" thing....

meeting the first batch of girls on Sunday - very interested to see how it works out.

S

I don't know about all the other females, but I''ve never seen freediving as a 'macho' sport. After years of competitive swimming and triathlons, I just fell into the freediving recently. I absolutely love it because it's just plain fabulous, and it's unique from popular sports (like football/soccer and baseball) that most people in my area do. :eek:

I don't know of any freedivers on the MS Gulf Coast, so I always get interesting reactions when I tell people that I freedive, which is fun. :wave

By the way Sam, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm really impressed with what you are doing! :D

it looks like Deeper Blue needs a dating section...

don't worry guys - SaltFree are doing something to help! We have had 17 girls in the pool this week all competing for the Mermaid Challenge. I didn't ask for marital status on the form but they were virtually all very talented freedivers

More news on the SaltFree site and on Deeper Blue soon

Sam

http://www.geocities.com/samdive/sfmermaid.html

interesting thread, only just found it, bit new to the scene so hope you don't mind me commenting

Guys - there are a lot more single freediving girls out there than you think. The problem is that you don't know how to handle us. I finally watched Le Grand Bleu last night and well, in my experience of male freedivers, Jacques' mishandling of dolphin vs Rosanna vs Records is pretty much par for the course....

any other girls out there got a view on this? ever dated a freediver? did it work for you???

Jo

Hey Jo
Welcome to DB :) Always nice to see more girls here, well I dated a diver and spearfisher and married him :)

I guess he didn't treat the dolphins better than you then! maybe I need to look for a spearo

thanks for the welcome

Jo

Welcome Jo

who was it? maybe I know him!

next time ask for a reference : )

Sam

Well, if a girl behaved like Rosanna in that movie, I would choose a dolphin anyday. Talk about annoying...

She is cute though, just wish she'd shut up...

Luckily, that is just a very crude stereotype. Most freediving women (and men) I've met seem to be biased slightly or considerably to the right side of the bell curve...

Ha ha - maybe we need to start a new thread

"Where to find the freediving guys who wouldn't rather spend the night with a dolphin?"

Reactions: samdive
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT