• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to find the freediving girls?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It's enough for me if the girl can mimic a dolphin ;)

Oh, never mind, I'll shut up now...

"Where to find the freediving guys who wouldn't rather spend the night with a dolphin?"

I would HOPE the SaltFree guys would fit into that - but most of them already have a girl
(or a good reason why they shouldn't have one!)
if you want to come along and find out let me know.

www.saltfreedivers.com

Last edited:
I recently returned to read deeperblue and cant stop enjoying. :)
Just for the statistics: My girlfriend IS a freediver, I trained her. She did 3:30 statics and 15 m CW which is not bad for a person that didnt know how to swim half a year before.
My previous gf was also a freediver, and I have 2 other female friends training with me regularly. So I guess situation here in Israel is not that bad :))

Tommy Engfors said:
Females who freedive always have a boyfriend, because that is the reason they have started freediving in the first place. Their boyfriend got them into it. There are currently only 389 freediving women in the whole world, and only 4 of those are single.

Interesting fact... I wonder how you came up with this?

I must be the weird exception then, because I stumbled into freediving before I met my boyfriend. Maybe you need to do another poll among us girls... I seriously doubt the boyfriend explanation as a general fact.

What do the more experienced freedivers say? Don't you think that people (men+women) mostly take up freediving on an impulse after having scuba dived or because they have just enjoyed being in water most of their lives? (For the record, I also discovered scuba diving without a big, strong hand to guide me :girlie )

Hi Evita and everyone,

In olden times...ahem...five years ago, say, it seemed that any woman who was freediving had been introduced by their boyfriend or partner. All the great women freedivers of that era had men as trainers - Mandy-Rae, Tanya, Audrey, etc... I've been lucky to introduce several women to freediving in that tradition... :)

Now, with freediving becoming more and more popular, documentaries being played on Discovery channel and local channels every month, it seems the fairer sex are hearing about freediving on their own and looking up clinics and courses (like Sam's awesome mermaid challenge) without the help or encumberance of a dude trying to show off their aquatic ape-ness.

Back in the day if you could do 60m you had something to brag about, as a guy trying to impress a girl (you fall for that kind of thing, right? I mean, a guy has to have some "good skills!"). Women getting into the sport are progressing fast, getting past 30m and 4 minutes in only a few days or weeks. And now with the likes of Molchanova competing, who obviously knows more than most guys about elite training, women no longer have to depend on men to get into the sport.

In the end, it's all good. More women in the sport is a great thing. :inlove

Pete

Well, there is actually a bunch of us freediving women in BC ( mind you I haven't been in a while) Several of us had our start in Cayman,.... mine specifically on the maco male enduced bet that I couldn't do a 70 ft breath-hold dive under bonnie's arch ( a local dive site in GC ).

safe dives to all

cjorca said:
Well, there is actually a bunch of us freediving women in BC ( mind you I haven't been in a while) Several of us had our start in Cayman,.... mine specifically on the maco male enduced bet that I couldn't do a 70 ft breath-hold dive under bonnie's arch ( a local dive site in GC ).

safe dives to all

hahahaha good one Cali... Hmmm wonder who the macho male was? ;)

In my case it has been the other way around.. i introduced my partner to freediving, and now he is addicted. I guess it depends on whether you hang out in male dominant circles or not.

Here's to good breath hold techniques for men! ;)
:friday :friday

I second that, and always bring my gear and let other gals try it out whenever i get the chance (though I'm from BC, i haven't actually met cali yet ;) )-- having gear to share might have something to do with it too. My "new friend" has to specifically fit a size 40(uk) or smaller in order to share my gear... and yes, i intro'd my hubby too.

Last edited:
At our last saltFree get together, the quarry manager sought me out for a general chat about life, marmite and the universe. He mentioned there was great excitement that weekend at the quarry and asked if I had been approached yet by anyone. We were hosting a records weekend there and I naturally assumed that he was referring to the athletes and The Angels Team - the usual buzz.
I replied that no-one had, other than divers I already knew to chat to. I then said something like "It's great to have so much interest - should be a blast, always is!"
" Oh" he said "it isn't the records that are generating the interest .... it's those mermaids! The talk around the tea stand is all about those mermaids and the slinky wetsuits they wear. Why do you think we're so busy today? These tech guys aren't here to dive ...."
So it seems that slinky wetsuited females are all the rage and freediving is IN.

Ha ha, you should charge a commision for bringing more business in! :)

laura storm said:
" Oh" he said "it isn't the records that are generating the interest .... it's those mermaids! The talk around the tea stand is all about those mermaids and the slinky wetsuits they wear. Why do you think we're so busy today? These tech guys aren't here to dive ...."
So it seems that slinky wetsuited females are all the rage and freediving is IN.

hurray for mermaids and slinky chics in wetsuits :eek: nice one Laura :D

PoseidonSv said:
They seem to be an endangered species..

I tend to disagree with you...

see below...

Attachments

• img_1713.jpg
    img_1713.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 170
  • tanya thumb cc_d1_072.jpg
    tanya thumb cc_d1_072.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
ohmigod Laura!! I didn't realise the mermaid challenge was having that effect.. lucky I got them to do the stretching exercises in a more secluded part of the quarry....

let them know (subtly) that business should be good on the 15/16 Oct - 4 mermaids so far.....

S

let them know (subtly) that business should be good on the 15/16 Oct - 4 mermaids so far.....

Subtle - what's that!!!

D x

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT