• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to find the freediving girls?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
lol - my hangover is ok now!!! Yesterday was a different story!! Had a fab night though - we...... went to a gay club, pole danced and skinny dipped - what a night to remember, fantastic fun and all in very good spirits. But my body was rebelling big time yesterday :D

Yep, four days to go, and I'm feeling stressed!!!

D x

Reactions: Alison
rofl rofl rofl
Gay club??? We dont want to know, well I dont at least rofl
Your a star :)

rofl rofl and I'm also very pleased to say that all the tasks that had been set by my 'chicks' were completed in spectacular style - the skinny dip being the finale - well that and the pole dancing!! Found a new vocation in life!! rofl

:thankyou :thankyou

D x

Reactions: island_sands
Re : Where to find the freediving girls?

PoseidonSv said:
They seem to be an endangered species, what can be done to make more females realize it is not a macho thing only suitable for men.

Very interesting question... According to some shrinks, what would be the main motivation for a man to freedive is a strong and unconscious desire to go back into the womb of his mother ! A bit deterring for the vast majority of normally constituted adult women...

I was in Monaco on the occasion of the IWC last July and I met there with a Swedish freediving medicine student... He told me that some studies had been made in Sweden about the psychological profile of freedivers...

To make it short, there seems to be a higher proportion of "crazy" or "bizarre" or "weirdos" people in freediving than in other activities...

If you practice roller skating for example (which also may be a highly competitive activity) you are forced to interact with your fellows, to touch them, to avoid them...

If you run a marathon in roller skating, you are forced to skate in "clusters"...

Roller skating fosters a normal social interaction...

If you freedive - especially deep dive - you try to go deep into yourself, to forget anything else... which can in extreme cases cut you from the rest of the world...

It is exactly what happens in the famous movie "The Big Blue" : the guy leaves her spouse on the wedding night to play around with a dolphin !

Have you ever tried to execute a static training table while in bed besides your beloved ?

High probability she calls for psychiatric first aid... or at least that such behaviour strongly gets on her nerves...

Re: Re : Where to find the freediving girls?

subaquaticus said:
Very interesting question... According to some shrinks, what would be the main motivation for a man to freedive is a strong and unconscious desire to go back into the womb of his mother !
Right, like the womb is somehow better than what was before the womb. There is a shrink for every possible idea. Such conclusions are based on personal opinion as opposed to anything substantial. Not that I am at all putting down the fact that you shared this gem of what opinions are out there! Just sharing my opinion that I think it is fantasy thinking on the shrinks part.

To make it short, there seems to be a higher proportion of "crazy" or "bizarre" or "weirdos" people in freediving than in other activities...
I have to agree with this if I assume those quoted words are trying to emphasize a person who is not in the majority of surficial tendencies. However, I only agree because it is stated as "... than in other activities..." as opposed to, "... than any other activities...". I think it would be safe to say, and quite obvious, that the same suggestions could be made about huge amounts of other activities and their communities. Such as, rifle clubs, sports fishermen, ant farming hobbyists, philosophers, logicians, writers, environmentalists, and on, and on...

Have you ever tried to execute a static training table while in bed besides your beloved ?
High probability she calls for psychiatric first aid... or at least that such behaviour strongly gets on her nerves...
Yes, I performed statics next to her. She asked whether I was doing a static and went back to sleep. When one day I did a static while sleeping to the point of reaching contractions, then she tried to wake me up and stop me. When I stopped, without waking up, she went back to sleep.

;)

mmmm... whenever I do dry statics I end up spluttering everywhere at the end... I wouldn't do that in front of anyone apart from Deepest Bear.....

but then again, like most things, maybe once you have lived together for a while, doing statics in bed rather than other, more fun activities (unless perhaps you really are an obsessive freediver) might become socially acceptable.... an interesting debate....

we females have obviously come across quite a few socially/emotionally/romantically inept male freedivers, just from the info on this thread (and personal bitter experience!) - I know there are not so many freediving girls out there but would those of you guys who HAVE dated a female freediver say that we have the same problems? I am genuinely interested..............

I can't believe no one has posted THE story yet.... renowned over here but he better remain nameless... or she will kill me for telling you all........

of the UK male freediver who would never make love on his back (even though it was one of his girlfriend's favourite way to do the deed) because it was.. and I quote (well it might have been chinese-whispered a bit....)

"bad for my monofin muscles"................

a TRUE story.... would any other male monofinners like to substantiate that?

jojo said:
I can't believe no one has posted THE story yet.... renowned over here but he better remain nameless... or she will kill me for telling you all........

of the UK male freediver who would never make love on his back (even though it was one of his girlfriend's favourite way to do the deed) because it was.. and I quote (well it might have been chinese-whispered a bit....)

Your story has nothing surprising... Any competitor in any sport will tend to take a lot of care of himself, a lot of care of his body, etc...

if it becomes extreme, it will be at the expense of his partner...

in addition, apnea is characterized by a very strong communication with oneself... (at least it is what they say in advertising or on TV...)

what is more boring for a normally constituted woman to be close to a guy trying very hard to communicate with himself ?

yes but.... are the girls as bad as the guys?????

samdive said:
but then again, like most things, maybe once you have lived together for a while, doing statics in bed rather than other, more fun activities (unless perhaps you really are an obsessive freediver) might become socially acceptable.... an interesting debate....
;) Yeah I know some people that read books beside their partner at night as well. Odd folk.

I know there are not so many freediving girls out there but would those of you guys who HAVE dated a female freediver say that we have the same problems? I am genuinely interested..............
With one experience to recall from, I would say, "yes" and "no". Did she have emotional problems? Yes. Were these somehow more unique than the majority of emotional problems in any other given person... no.

I have met quite a few freediving women over the last two years (maybe around twenty altogether). I would not say that any of them was "socially/emotionally/romantically inept". Most of them were not single at the tim - does that proof anything ?

I´ve noticed one thing though: Men or women alike seemed to hestitate when asked how they really feel on a freedive although women are supposed to be more open about that. The emotions are probably still a very private thing even if they are a big part of the freediving experience.

I don´t think that freediving got a larger share of freaks compared to scuba diving (or surfing ? I don´t think so !).

best regards
Holger

"bad for my monofin muscles!" rofl

That's just priceless.

I would like to know how this med student defined us crazy weirdos. Well, if he isn't here to show us the proof, here is my own diagnosis:

-Masochist: I like swimming and diving in cold water to feel more alive.
-Social deviant: I like to skinny dip after midnight.
-Delusional: I like to "train" and try out new things to transcend my human nature.
-Infantile: I believe sea mammals like seals are much more than dumb animals surviving on instinct alone.
-Naive: I think water is a force of good in this world.
-Perverted: Water is sexy.
-Simple-minded: I can watch the ocean for minutes at a time and be completely engrossed and satisfied.
-Crazy: I seek out people who are similarly afflicted and spend time with them.

:duh Ok, then. I am a nut.

"Sorry, babe, we can't have sex. It's bad for my breathing muscles."

rofl

duuuude... bring on those mermaids!!!! :chatup

see you all this weekend,

fred

jojo said:

oh man?!! who was that rofl too funny rofl

Reactions: samdive

subaquaticus said:

i have other ideas about static tables in beds ;)

subaquaticus said:

no kidding!! it's taken me ages to read all of this thread... you are right. there are some weirdos out there.. oh to find a normal male freediver who just wants to dive and have fun!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT