• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 World team championship - Sharm el Sheik

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
well done to Brits - especially the guys. Stuart how do you do 54m powered only by avocadoes and seeds : )

best of luck with the pool - especially to Liv in the static. Sorry I'm not there to shout at you

S

OK, I combined both tables into an overall result list:
CWT-AIDA2008.gif

Francine did 50 ok but completely failed the sp, and got DQ, with obviously 0 points.
Poor Francine, she must be very desapointed for the frenchy girls team. I wish her to overpass this misfortune.
Be strong.

.../...

Linda,
regardless of which name you use to post here or on AA or to blog... thanks!
What would we do without your info... and btw why didn't you compete
this year?!

ps: aircon is a disgrace, learn to appreciate the 29C or else try spending
summer where I live

:waveHey, the brits..... solid stuff tim,stuart and dave. wow I am so Impressed .
George and Liv, you girls are an inspiration.......( and fearless too ,liv) we are so proud.

We are informed that we are allowed to show private videos that can support our claim. I repeat: ONE CAN SHOW ONES OWN VIDEO TO THE PROTESTJURY!
This was a no-no in Maribor about this, but now it is allowed,and I hope you realize the consequences of this.

Interesting development here. So why not just have some footage from official training as "proof." :duh

Hmm. I'm amazed that judges can penalize divers for violations that they saw but cannot support with official video evidence. I thought the whole point was to remove subjective judging...

Great dives to everyone and all the best to the VB crew!

Pete

Reactions: Will
Congratulations to MT Solomon (GBR). She had a nice 60m dive but a penalty because a line infraction at the surface. It seams that some problem with the landyard at the duck dive makes her touch the line with the airways already in the water.

I am proud of her and I know she will have great results at the pool. Go MT !!

hallo all,
today morning I found a mares watches in shower next to the pool, so who left them there ask for them in room n.221 or you can find me or anybody from Czech team
Josef:t

There is an hilarious report on .:: Freedive Dahab News ::. It contains section on noodles, Hotties Challenge, and a lot of other quite interesting information from the WCh. I laughed all along.

I liked also the following quoted part. Although it may sound little bit offensive, it was definitely not, and you have to read the entire blog entry to understand that all of it was written in friendly and joking spirit:
German Barbara announced the shocking depth of 12mt.The plate was so shining that it blinded us all. Even she told the judges to “please put it at 12, at least”, looking a bit offended, like they were taking the piss.
BTW, isn't there the DYN or STA discipline going on today? Or isn't it even already over? Any news from Egypt?

Interesting! Thanks! Can you tell us more about the static relay :D ? And who is the "current Static world champion" from Switzerland? I was not aware there was any excelling STA achievement in Switzerland lately! Was there a new world record? Or was it just a private joke?

You should do some research on the result from the Maribor WCh :duhrofl

Interesting! Thanks! Can you tell us more about the static relay :D ? And who is the "current Static world champion" from Switzerland? I was not aware there was any excelling STA achievement in Switzerland lately! Was there a new world record? Or was it just a private joke?

N. Guerry won the STA in Maribor WC last year, and his time can be called an excellent achievement I think. There are other quite good static people in CH such as P. Colat.
Static relay is another term for "team static", in which teams of 3 people try to do the longest total time, with some very loose rules but essentially the second has to start before the first comes out, and same for the third. I tried it for the first time this year and it was a lot of fun... also because as Sebastian mentions people from the other teams are allowed to splash and insult etc. Although the "riding style" seems new - now I understand the picture:) It's not an official AIDA discipline but the nordic countries are very keen to stage it everytime they meet and they have some scandinavian pride war about who is the best in it. I seem to remember that the Danes have the "world record"... or was it the Swedes... oh well same thing:)

The Danes have the world record, but what is more important is that Norway was 2nd in Nordic Deep. Behind the world record holders, but in front of all the finnish, dutch and most important in front of all the swedes:mad:

"what is more important is that Norway was 2nd in Nordic Deep."

Was that really so? I thought that Norway was third in Nordic Deep, right behind the "mix team", where was one Swedish (Anders) whos living in Åland and two Finnish citizens of which one (Eva) is living in Åland. And as you all know Åland is infact Finlands self-government autonomy :mad:

But I'm not sure about the result in N.D. thought I watched the vid of team statics it's impossible to say was it Norway or Ålands (that's what the mixteam was named and thats cool anyway) team that came up first?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT