• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2014 lunocet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting know to anyone interested that I am selling my Lunocet Pro.
It has been in the water three times and is as new.
The spring has a new, larger pivot pin bushing in it to eliminate play (works perfectly) and when the 2015 spring upgrade becomes available one will have that extra, free of charge (besides shipping).
Asking price is $300 instead of $400 and is available to ship right away ; )
Pm me if interested...

Letting know to anyone interested that I am selling my Lunocet Pro.
It has been in the water three times and is as new.
The spring has a new, larger pivot pin bushing in it to eliminate play (works perfectly) and when the 2015 spring upgrade becomes available one will have that extra, free of charge (besides shipping).
Asking price is $300 instead of $400 and is available to ship right away ; )
Pm me if interested...
Why , you no like?

Noa!

My goal is to keep the lunos in the water so the idea keeps moving forward.

Doc and I have demonstrated that your Pro is a fantastic fin when exoed ( He built one! ) so I'm quite interested in them. Pm'd you a couple of possibilities!

Something cool to do while we wait for the 2015's!

Chip

Attachments

• IMG1455.jpg
    IMG1455.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hello chaps.

I'm somewhat lost - can someone give me a best-guess as to what is happening?
Like some of you on the thread, I ordered my Pro in April, and have received neither fin nor word since.
If a redesign has taken place (apparently including critical safety improvements), will I :

1. Get an 'old' 2014 one in due course?
2. Get a 'new' 2015 one... in 2015?!
3. Get some other combination? A 2015 in 2014 or a 2014 in 2015?

Clearly Ted is working like crazy, but as Bowie and Jagger once said, summer's here and the time is right, for a Lunocet on my feet...

Oh, hold on. Just saw the note about upgrades on Ted's website and wrote to him directly. Hopefully I will get a 2015.
I've been avoiding the site in the same way that you try not to scratch an itch, and I guess I missed the news.

Got a text from Ted today. Sounded like he has news ready to post here on deeper blue.... Soon as he gets a moment to type some details.

Worked it out so both Noa and I have 2015's coming and I get the extra benefit of adding an exo spring to his current Pro. These events should lead to very interesting swimming this fall!

Hi Chip,

Will a mail suffice to change my order to a 2015, or should I call Ted directly?

It's clear from him automated response that he doesn't have time for interrupts, but I suspect he won't have time to read my mail...

Thanks for the advice.

Al

Alastair!

Cool to be in touch with swimmers from exotic locations. Thanks Deeper Blue!

Counting on swimming Noa's fin to turn me into a Greek god!

Congratulations to Italy for Vincenso Nibili's Tour de France win! What a difficult race this year.

Ted is actually pretty up to date on his reading from my observations (this forum, text, and email all seem to get through)..... It's the typing of responses that becomes scarce when his one man manufacturing is fighting not just the clock but the calendar.

Most of us attempt to multiply his efforts by posting if we get a piece of news everyone may value. Occasionally he'll ask some one to post something special.

tciamillo@gmail.com is an email that works. In your situation referring to an order he has asked others to get his attention by using the word "urgent" and your name when titling the email. Something like "Urgent Alastair's Order ! " should do.

He also offers a phone number in that email auto response you mentioned. I don't call when I think he's short on time but I do text occasionally.

Sometimes he will call one of us. I keep a mental list of stuff I want to learn or share for those occasions..... Usually very interesting.... Especially his philosophy that spawns Luno ideas. He likes hearing your impressions and ideas. Choose your words carefully because your own ideas may influence the continuing development.

So, with us getting closer to receiving our much anticipated Lunocet Pros, I would like to ask, of those who already have one, what they use to transport their Lunocets in? Are there any suitable monofin bags out there that a Lunocet would fit in or, indeed, is there any other type of bag that is well suited to this task.

They fold up so small (with a simple / supplied allen key), you can bring it carry-on without any thought to protection / fragility!

It's a huge benefit!

I use a standard swim bag, (mine is from xterrawetsuits.com), and take the flukes off. Four screws and it comes apart. These swim bags are typically used for classical swimming-my son puts his pullbuoy, kickboard, goggles, and hand paddles in one along with towel, swimsuit, and a ziploc bag of energy bars and such. With the Luno, when I get home I take the insoles and tongues out of the cycling shoes and aim a small fan at them and mask/snorkel/swimsuit to help them dry without getting mildew. Every two weeks (when swimming almost daily in a pool) I treat the shoes and rubber parts with a rubber preservative like ArmorAll or one of the equivalents. They are used for auto detailing of plastic/rubber surfaces.

IMG_20140122_212251179.jpg
A little tip if you choose AA's ..take it apart for easiest transport...concept.... Which is a unique aspect of Ted's designs...

Use some adhesive to glue the four nylon locking nuts into the recessed holes where they reside when the fin is assembled. That makes it much quicker (requires much less dexterity) to reassemble with the Allen wrench mentioned. It's likely that just taking those four bolts out so the flukes come off will easily get you into your bag or normal luggage. You'd be leaving the shoes attached to the frame/ spring assembly. If this makes it small enough for your application I'd think you could assemble or disassemble in about a minute. You could even do that daily if you were in a bicycle pack going to the beach or pool.

Last edited:
Hi Chip,

Will a mail suffice to change my order to a 2015, or should I call Ted directly?

It's clear from him automated response that he doesn't have time for interrupts, but I suspect he won't have time to read my mail...

Thanks for the advice.

Al

Alastair, it is my understanding that Ted will not be shipping out any more 2014 Pro Lunocets. This is because the Pro peduncle (aluminum frame/pivot) has been completely revamped, the rubber spring is greatly improved and enlarged, and the flukes have been tuned quite differently as well. In other words, no part of the 2014 Pro remains unchanged except maybe a pivot pin or screw! All of it is redone and improved. In light of this, 2014 Pro orders will be filled with 2015 fins. This also constitutes somewhat of a free upgrade to compensate for the lengthy wait times, to reward patience! I am pretty sure this is how it will be happening; Ted can correct me if I am wrong.

SMILE !!!!!

Stand aside Kardashians !!!!!

Latest news is 2015 Lunocet is in a photo shoot today!! That should mean shipping is near!

View attachment 39077 A little tip if you choose AA's ..take it apart for easiest transport...concept.... Which is a unique aspect of Ted's designs...

Use some adhesive to glue the four nylon locking nuts into the recessed holes where they reside when the fin is assembled. That makes it much quicker (requires much less dexterity) ...

Thanks everyone for the feedback, most helpful.

When I ordered my Lunocet Pro I did ask Ted if he'd pop in a few spare nuts 'n' bolts because they're just the sort of thing I'm good at dropping... so I do like your idea, Chip, about fixing the 'nylon locking nuts' into place.

Reactions: Chipswim
The problem is now fixed, first test flukes molded and performance tested, and final finish polishing of the mold to be completed today. This brings the whole project much closer to production; first complete 2015 Pro Lunocets may be mailed out as early as the end of this week. Ted said to extend his apologies for the technical delays and his appreciation for being patient. Looks like the issues have been worked out at last and he can start making the actual fins!

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I am (almost) painfully excited to read this! I'd been gearing myself up for at least a 6 month wait until 2015. Any time earlier than that would be... well, better than xmas. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT