• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AERIS F.10 User Feedback

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have had my F10 less then a month and only a very small handful of dives yet starting today I have already got a "CHANGE BATTERY" symbol continuously flashing on my display.

Sheesh. I've had mine since Sept - pool at least every day - probably 30 or more hours in the water in the bahamas. I just today got a battery symbol for the first time - but it went away.
Last few weeks I hold the upper left button down until it goes back to watch mode when I get out - otherwise I think it hangs too long in Free.

Sounds like a bad lot of batteries.

Something isn't right. Not even a month and already wants a new battery with very light use. I have also noted that wet activation STILL is not working properly.

Regardless of the setting - it wet activates so it's impossible to not log anything.

I was at the waterpark a week ago. Was doing some underwater swims in a lazy river a lot thruought the day. I have wet activation off - yet I go back and look and I have a BU?NCH of 1-2.5 minute dives just from the waterpark.. This can't be helpful on the battery either.

G'day Guys,

My laptop died a horrible death a couple of weeks ago and hence I had to get a new one. The new laptop has come installed with Windows 7.

I got my F10 and cable last week (a late Chrissie present!) and tried to install the software on my new laptop, but couldn't.

Has anyone managed to install the F10 software on a computer with Windows 7 - which would mean the problem is me! - or does Aeris need to update the software to function with Windows 7? If the latter, has it already been done?

Thanks,

Platta.

It works - you need to hunt down a driver for the interface though. I don't recall exactly where I found it - but at least theres hope!

Okay great, thanks for the quick reply Fondueset! I'll have a search for it... if you remember in the meantime where you found it please let me know!

Cheers

I probably won't be able to find out until monday - but will check the thread.

I've got it up and running, thanks Fondueset... I downloaded the 64-bit driver from the Aeris website (I couldn't download it from the CD for whatever reason) and it's working now!

There are a couple of weird little things I've noticed. The first is the max depth not being the same as the on the watch. For example, I did one dive that has a max depth of 5.1m (and it still says this in the log on the watch), but the max depth in the log on the computer is 4.9m.

Also, I can't change the life-dive number, so all the dives I've done have a life-dive number of 1!

Any ideas / comments?

Cheers

Make sure you have the latest software - from the start of this thread I think. (don't know if that will fix it)

Hi guys!

Just out of curiosity: is there anybody out there with a F10 who can conferm that setting off the wet activation actually works, that is, the F10 does not enter dive mode while diving?

thanks,
ivo

Yep, it works. Mine is set to OFF, and I need to activate it manualy to record the dive.

Cheers
Chris

Sometimes my wet actiivation as OFF works - sometime it does not.

I have also noticed that if you have it in CHRONO mode it will activate dive mode regardless of your setting as well.

The "CHNG BATTERY" symbol that flashed for several days has now disappeared - so not sure if it is the software or a battery issue - but it's still working without a battery change.

@WillUnderWater: The low battery icon is a regular occurrence, I changed my battery recently and 4 days later the icon came up for a first time. I tend to just ignore it and keep a spare battery handy. Time for a software upgrade though (+date in logbook!)

Bought the F10 3 weeks ago. Have only done 6 shallow dives at the beach to test (6 in total depth 1.6 - 2 m)

I wear the watch as everyday watch as I do not like to switch watches or remove for shower, swim, etc. So the first thing I did was set Wet activation to OFF. It still shows wet when in water and I am wondering about the setting as well, as I have the Change battery flashing after 3 weeks.

Anybody out there that can shed some light on these issues as it seems a lot of people are experiencing this. Anybody that can give an indication how long after flashing the message the watch actually dies?? I have to order everything from overseas as there are no stockists in NZ.

Fingers crossed to get some answers.....

Last edited:
Hi Latrine (quite a username to remeber ...:D)

I am afraid there won't be much help out there for the points you raise. Many (including me) apparently experience the same problems with the F10: wet activation/deactivation not working, low-battery alarm shortly after purchase or battery exchange.
I already consider to return the F10 to the shop where I bought it since the non-working wet acitivation is clearly a warranty issue, and I wonder what they might do to fix the problem. I really need the wet deactivation to work for training in a shallow pool, and the battery problems make me nervous anyway.

Aeris, why don't you start a little product recall? It's nothing unusual these days ...

Threads like these are the most valuable part of DB. I was thinking the F.10 might be the replacement for my D3. Now I'm hoping the D3 last a few more years until they address these problems.

I put in an email to Aeris support so we will see what they say. I am still having the battery and wet activation issue. In addition, two times this week my watch has fallin behind in time. The first time it was about ten minutes slow and 2nd time I caught it it was over 5minutes slow..

I want to love this computer so much - but these problems are making it hard!

as far as ordering parts from over seas Latrine here is no need to stress the batery is easily purchased at any battery store i even think you can purchase suiutable batteries from places like Officeworks for a couple of dollars and of course this computor is designed so that the battery can be replaced easily at home.

as for how long after the change battery shows up before it actually dies, depends on how early it conmes on but on average a battery will last well over 3 months.

DD

WillUnderwater Re: AERIS F.10 User Feedback

I want to love this computer so much - but these problems are making it hard!
That's exactly what I think!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT