• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab News Thread - POST NEWS IN HERE!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am trying to reach Peter Ericson right now. But so far no success.

We are almost leaving on a flight to Sharm, connecting to Dahab for freediving with Lotta.

I would like to talk to him if it is wise to go and if they are still expexting us.

We dont want to give in to terrorists and stay at home!!!

Roland

Thanks for the update about Fred and Annelie. I was getting quite worried, as I know he and Sam hang out a lot together, and his name hadn't been mentioned.

If anyone has any update on Sam, please post...if anyone sees him, please tell him I'm glad he's still with us, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

Mark

Among the 62 wounded there were three Danes, three Britons, two Italians, two Germans, two French people, a South Korean, a Lebanese, a Palestinian, an American, an Israeli and an Australian.
.. and unfortunately a Hungarian (probably diver) is also wounded. :(

I wish the people, who got into hospitals, getting better soon!

Damn bombers - I hope they will be caught (at last, with after two earlier bomb attacks believed to caused by them)! Glenn, U R right.

(now I read, the Hungarian was not with the Hungarian diver group)

I'm glad to see how good our network works. At least we know more than the medias. Roland great work down there, and good to here that you're ok, and all the others also.

Hi all, good to hear some of your friends are ok..
I just came of the phone from the hospital in Cairo and my family Rikke and Lars are there.. injured, (burned, broken bones) but ok :D dont know if im flying down there..

They are notifying people as we speak ! just to let you know!

Cheers.. I´ll post news about what I hear...

Cheers
Brian

My love and condolences to those afflicted by all this !!!

------------------------------------------------------
Lets throw a Water Bomb on those Terorist bastards ! a wet Terrorist cant lid a fire.

Mark,
Samdive said she was in Egypt in her last e-mail about the mencap 60m challenge. Do you know if she was in Dahab?
I hope she was somewhere else.

Remi

Samdive is in Hurghada right now - I heard from her last night and she is fine.

Mark

pat fish said:
Synthespian, I sent you a pm with helpful info

I saw.
thanks. Definitely Cairo. We seemed to think it was Sharm last night.
And I'm sorry to hear about Brigitte.

hi, lotta, peter, robin and me are ok.
brigitte is already in switzerland with a broken leg, and sam in a hospital in cairo. we are trying to contact him. embassy said is fine, conscious and aware, with a leg and ankle injury.
linda

Very sad news indeed. It really feels like the terror is getting closer now.

I am still resolved to go to Dahab in June, though.

I was shocked to get the news, but happy to hear that so many of you guys down there are OK!!! Roland -you are doing an excellent job!!!! Thanx...

I have planned a few trips to Egypt this year like so many others, but I will NOT let these f....ing bastards descide that I can´t go. I´m DEFENATELY going!!!

I´ve been in contact with TV2 from Denmark, who would like some of you guys to contact them:
TV2 DENMARK, national television am looking for people situated in Dahab right now. Please call
Journalist Lennart Sten +45 51 56 32 66 or
Journalist Kristian Holt +45 20 24 38 67

Sam, Brigite, Rikke and Lars -I pray for your fast recovery!

Peter P

Very sad news. Glad to hear that Sam Still and the others are ok.

Thanks everyone who posted with updates.

Lucia

Another attack on freedom and democracy. Cowardly F*****S may they rot in Hell. Condolences to anyone affected and speedy recovery to the injured.

PETER P.:

I´ve been contacted by Danish TV2 as well !!!

And I think its important not to say anything ! cause we dont know the facts !
I will wait till my family comes home, to make them take a stand towards the media ! If theres something to say ! they themselves should say it..

We dont need media twisting statements and all !!!!!!!!!

Hope you agree !!!

Sincerely
Brian.

Apnea_Addict said:
Very sad news indeed. It really feels like the terror is getting closer now.

I am still resolved to go to Dahab in June, though.

Hi Apnea Addict

I have a ticket to Egypt for the End of May till the End of June and still a lot of thoughts in my head I have no real idea what to do.
How long will you be there? Searching for a dive buddie?

I hope there will be lots of updates of people letting us know if they still intend to go.
I guess it is one of the last issues of Lotta at the moment but I am curious if they plan to keep the competition on track or if they will cancel it.

Hope that does not sound to selfish. At one side I would like to not jump into the crowd that now cancels their flights and so keeps the money and the mood out of dahab and at the other side I am afraid to start annoying people in dahab when I stay 4 weeks and there is no one else there.

Robert

A friend had booked a flight for today to Sharm and he'll stay with Lotta for a course. He called Lotta this morning to ask if the course would continue and she said yes. So I don't see any reasons why the competition would be cancelled.

Terrorists only succeed if they get you freightened. If you would have asked me 6 years ago I definitly would still go to the place, but know that I have 2 kids I'm thinking a whole lot differently...

Last edited:
I wish quick recovery to all injured. I wonder how many divers that were close to the explosion have damaged ears or broken eardrums. A close explosion can cause also lung barotrauma, so all divers should be extremely careful in the next few days. The psychological trauma can also play negative role, so please, all of you who are there - be double careful when diving in the coming days!

Reactions: DeepThought
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT