• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DB's August Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
HEY!! Why is my head in the head?
Elvis (Andrsn), you shall pay for that ;)
Erik Y.
Apparently not quite retired from commercial diving

:D you're famous now, erik! :D

i guess you're giving a new meaning to the phrase, "taking the plunge!" rofl

andrsn
aka elvis(which in flemish.. el vis means "the fish") :D

Back to the captions:

Superman prefers a phonebooth, but the world's newest superhero, Apneaman, needs only to find the nearest bathroom.

or

Throughout the year, Santa Claus experiments with alternative methods for entering homes that don't have chimneys.

...Inspecting the worlds largest scubatank...
or perhaps... "no limits"

Johan

toilet humour

Sven attempts to answer the most frequently asked question on the deeper blue forums:

"Can U-bend whilst freediving?"

Got 2 more 2 share...

:: "When relieving in your wetsuit becomes a habit"
:: "Mammalian instincts all messed up"

After surrounding and then raiding the house, the authorities discovered that 'Cubandiver' had gotten stuck during his most interesting attempt to escape.

"thanks to sani-flush now all freedivers are able to enjoy the blue water experience at home"

Captions

If you saw the price of California Plumbers, you'd be suiting up, too!

"after years of searching, Benji finaly found the hidden passage from the castle to the sea..."

Johan

--Sven's first and only attempt at cave diving.
--Maybe this wasn't a good place to try out the new side mounts.
Jay

Here I go again...

- "That rare someone looking for the ultimate thrill".

- "The perils of inland training".

- "Never drink & dive".

- "According to Quantum Theory there is an infinitesimally small, yet real chance that a 'virtual toilet' may spontaneously appear around you whilst freediving".

- "There's just something about the water; I'm drawn to it".

- "Variable ballast diving".

- "It scares the hell out of the dog!"

‘Ode to a toilet’

By W.F. Ward

My constant companion through thick & thin,

A source of contemplation.

I open the door and shuffle in,

Imagine my elation.

Sometimes I come and go too fast and scarcely say a word,

Other times I stay too long and this you don’t deserve.

It seems I’m always full of it,

To this you can attest.

But throughout the years you must admit,

I’ve given you my best.

And though you steal my fins sometimes,

I’m just a lucky sap.

To have a faithful friend like you,

Who puts up with my crap.

Sorry folks,

Ward

Last edited:
OK EVERYONE!! THE AUGUST CONTEST ENDS TOMORROW!! LAST CHANCE TO TRY FOR A DB T SHIRT OR COFFEE MUG!! THE SEPT CONTEST STARTS THE 2nd. GET AFTER IT!!! :D

sven

I know the fluffy is here somewhere!

George W. Bush at his secret meeting with his mates..

When you have reached the bottom it is hard to get any deeper..

Man I think you are screwed!

Where is your spine man! or is this new Apnea Academys streching routine..."while you'r at it.."

Unfortunately Mieko's humble beginnings as Ama diver did nothing to further her career as interior decorator.

Hope I'm in time!!

After ten beers the bet for "swallow a seal whole" seemed a good idea - the next day the 10 bucks proved to be the most painful ever won!!

AND THE WINNER IS...

WOW!!

The first month worth of contests netted damn near 1200 viewings and nearly 80 entrys, both numbers that ought to be records. And we all now wehat records are for, right? ;)

The entries were very, very good. (Must have been the topic) A lot of new members contributed as did the usual bunch of clowns. All good stuff.

It came down to three members. Mark Aronoff was in the running from sheer numbers, CJB, (Chris) had a few beauts himself, especiall "Shallow Water Brownout" and Abriapnea pulled a veeery smoooooth final in the closing minutes, with "Septic Apnea". It went to the judges, pictured proudly below, for the review, and it was closer than any contest so far... CJB, Abri. Abri, CJB. CJB, Abri, sven...:t

Congrats, Chris, you pulled it off, but it wasn't by much! PM me with your startling stats so DB can send you a DB Tshirt or coffee mug. Solly Abri, but you had my vote too. :waterwork

September's contest starts next week so load up on carbs and comedy. Thanks!

sven DB comp guru :king

Attachments

• db judges.jpg
    db judges.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT