• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Computer to be unveiled at DEMA 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
ILDiver - there are several new features - more on that later. The single biggest difference is that the F.10 is solely designed as a freediving computer. The ATOM 2.0 and GEO, while they have a free mode with a number of features designed for dedicated freediving, are limiting in that this mode was initially conceived to allow divers the opportunity to snorkel between dives. Both of these computers track nitrogen in free mode as if you were conducting air dives - and can be very restrictive for dedicated freediving.

Thanks Doug. As you know, when you're as smart, attractive, articulate and discriminating as we are you have the big responsibility of being humble and selfless because everyone is hanging on your every word and will, very likely, run right out and buy anything you recommend.

to whom it may concern (don't look Doug)
- Suunto d4 MSRP $650, discount online sellers (US of A) US$399 equivalent to a 38.5% reduction

- Aeris f.10 MSRP $399 ..........(you lot, other than fondi who expects a freebie, fill in the rest)..........

I'm lovin it..

I'm hoping this watch gets enough buyers and steam to stay in production for a while. (At least until I buy one!) Hopefully, we'll see some offspring of it in future :D

P.S. I'm looking forward to the review that Fondi will (hopefully) do on the F.10

Diving Dane, you have described this computer nicely, you can mail it to me and I will test it in fresh water at the Freedive-A-Palooza! We can then pass it around for the show and tell portion. Or you can come join us for the event!!

Diving Dane, you have described this computer nicely, you can mail it to me and I will test it in fresh water at the Freedive-A-Palooza! We can then pass it around for the show and tell portion. Or you can come join us for the event!!

You must be related to someone... ;)

8 days - and hopefully this computer will be available!

You must be related to someone... ;)

8 days - and hopefully this computer will be available!

Just teasing really, I just want to use one to try it, or at least see it in person. Reviews are great, but to touch it and push the buttons gets the best impression for me. Hoping there is a good turnout of divers at the Palooza too. It would be a good time for several people to see the computer. If the computer drops on the 15th, there might be someone there who gets their hands on one to show the group. I don't know who all is going though. "They" will be the cool kid on the school yard with the shiny new Superman lunchbox though.

My computer will do for my diving and tell me my depth and time. With all the specialty training I'm taking for scuba and hoping for a special freediving course, I can't justify the expense right now. I'm certain it will be high on my wanted list though.

So the invite to Diving Dane to come to Palooza in a few weeks stands (to anyone actually). Transportation can be arranged from an airport.

Just giving you a hard time :) I know exactly what you mean - I am going to try and get my hands on one - will post a review if I do. It definitely looks promising, though!

And if you are ever down here in the warmer/clearer water - (anyones) welcome to try it ;)

Just teasing really, I just want to use one to try it, or at least see it in person. Reviews are great, but to touch it and push the buttons gets the best impression for me. Hoping there is a good turnout of divers at the Palooza too. It would be a good time for several people to see the computer.

ILdiver would love to come for the comp, actually got one coming up in australia in a couple of weeks, so flying to the US is a little way off yet though i am planning on seeing family up on the great lakes sometime next year and my HYPERFIN WILL be coming with me!

DD

ILdiver would love to come for the comp, actually got one coming up in australia in a couple of weeks, so flying to the US is a little way off yet though i am planning on seeing family up on the great lakes sometime next year and my HYPERFIN WILL be coming with me!

DD

Let me know when an where abouts you will be and I'll see if a couple of us can meet up with you for some dives.

Great, would be good to meet a couple of you guys in the water, from what i have seen from some of your pics and videos looks like some fun diving and very different to what i am used to, looking forward to it.

DD

I've just gotten word that we will be delayed a bit - not a major technical issue, just the ability to get a part finished and delivered from one of many vendors. My apologies for this unexpected turn of events... I'll let you know as it develops.

Okay, but just so you know; I have to sacrifice a cute little kitten before every dive in order to please the gods that keep my D3 working.

Thanks Fondueset - that's exactly what I needed after getting bad news on a Monday morning.

I've just gotten word that we will be delayed a bit - not a major technical issue, just the ability to get a part finished and delivered from one of many vendors. My apologies for this unexpected turn of events... I'll let you know as it develops.

About how long is "a bit" - I have been without a computer for too long and need to make a decision on a new one soon..

Doug, Fondue is letting you off lightly. I have been clubbing two baby seals to death with the blunt end of my suunto mosquito before every dive SINCE THE THREAD STARTED. So, hurry up a little already. Capiche?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT