• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Computer to be unveiled at DEMA 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was hoping the F10 would be distributed by Oceanic, we don't sell Aries. I'm anxious to hear the reviews on it. It will probably be quite some time before I get one. My Atom 2.0 does well.

Azapa, I have a feeling I'll be hating you very soon! :)

And Dough, did also the strength of the construction improve? - Can Martin Stepanek record his 122 CWT with it?

I hope to reach this year the limit's of my D3 - 80m, and I figure that these days there must be more and more reaching depths of 80 and deeper.

But my compliments on the huge improvements of the F10's design!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Doug, any idea what it will cost? You can send me a free one if you want - I do great reviews. Ask anybody! :)

Haha, that was quick Fondueset! Sounds like someone's anxious to get one of these babies if he can!

P.S. Me want too! Need to save up more money again!

Last edited:
Is the Computer interface included in the package?

What will be the European price?

Is the F10 user programmable?

What features suggested by the people here on DB did make it into the F10?

And Fondueset please allow some other DB member to test and review the F10, you already got the Tropol monofin! ;)

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Hi Kars -
The PC interface cable will be an additional accessory - at US $99 suggested retail.
European price is up to our partners there - I will put you in touch with them directly or get pricing when it is available.
The F.10 is very user programmable.
We started with base features suggested by a number of sources - then worked exclusively with Martin Stepanek to modify and develop additional functions. DD has dove both the DEMA and current units - hopefully he can chime in with some specifics - and I will be able to post the user manual / quick start guide here very soon.

leaving on holidays 16 days from now, what are the chances of getting an F10 before that date here in Belgium? $399 is fine.

As much as I'd love to say otherwise, I don't think that's going to be possible. It's pushing too close to our launch date here in the US - and we typically delay international shipments 30 days or so... If something changes, I'll let you know.

if Doug says SUGGESTED 399 most smart resellers like leisurepro will have it at 299.

Right Doug?

hey Kars

what do you want to know i've had a pretty good chance to dive the samples over the past year and a half an can say that from the original sample i had which was very good the latest incarnation has everything i could want.

Watch Functions:
- Dual time, date
- Day of week
- Alarm
-countdown timer
- stopwwatch/lap timer

Freedive mode:
- temperature
- surface time interval
- number of dives
- dive time in min:sec
- 3 independently adjustable depth alarms
- surface time interval alarm
- elapsed dive time Alarm
- adjustable back llight illumination duration

Dive log history:
- Big log, viewable on computor
- 3 pages per log entry
page 1: dive number, max depth, surface time, dive time
page 2: time of day, temperature
page 3:real time dive playback, second by second. and you can also scroll through each second and freeze it to view the depth at that time if you dont want to play the dive through automatically.

-History: total dive time and total number of dive on unit
deepest ever dive
longest dive ever
average depth and dive time

i think thats about it but i've probably forgotten a couple of things, if their is something thats not there that you want to know about just let me know and it may jog my memory. but basically every function i need for both dedicated freediving and spearfishing has been addressed.

but as mentioned above the depth limit is ONLY 100m so counts out 10 people in the world at the moment but for us mortals it is more than enough.

DD

Doug, as I wrote earlier on the forum, being a professional programmer and experienced with firmware development, I am interested in the API for adding extesnions. I've sent you also an offer with closer details by email, but since I never heard back, I am not sure if you have read it. If you did not see it, just let me know and I resend it to you. I am sure your company, as well as the community would profit from it very well.

Hi Trux - I passed it on for consideration. We frequently receive the same request for our dive computers - let's just say that there are some fairly significant barriers.

DD, your list looks very nice already, indeed an improvement over the D3.

Depth activated Back-light.
The function in the Dark Northern waters I really would like to see is depth activated back-light. I would set it to 10m, so at the total darkness depth I don't need to press any button, nor do I have to put it on on the surface or have it on all the time, saving a lot of battery power.

Different sounding alarms.
At the moment on my D3 I use the 1 minute alarm, as well as the depth alarm set to 35m. It would be very helpful if there were different sounding alarms so one would know the difference. Only a sound pitch change would already do.

Surface Display of Average speeds.
On the surface average decent and average ascent rate.
Really helpful in knowing weather one's technique is improving.

Continuous Countdown Timer
Preferable programmable into pyramid schedule's.

With these easy to program in functions, it would really make it the first choice for freedivers Doug. In my view an easy trade of some development time (A few hours by an able programmer) for becoming The Best Freediving Computer.

With the way the world economy goes, and is planned to go, I think it's best cash in while you can.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Last edited:
Hi Trux - I passed it on for consideration. We frequently receive the same request for our dive computers - let's just say that there are some fairly significant barriers.
Yes, I understand that there are very serious barriers and liability reasons at scuba computers, where a small glitch in the firmware may cost the life of the diver. However, this is not the case at a freediving computer.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT