• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore.com delivery time?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishstab

Jun 16, 2020
I made a big order with scubastore.com 10 days ago and it doesn’t seem to have even been dispatched yet. Each item on It’s own had an expected delivery date of the 24th when I placed the order (I actually made some choices dueto some items having a slightly sooner expected delivery date). The expected delivery date I have now for the entire order just keeps rolling further and further into the future.

theyre pretty much impossible to get hold of too! Anyone know how long they usually take?

Yes. That’s Scubastore for you. They will 100% sure lie about whether they have items in stock or not. And they will take days to reply to emails. As a result, never trust their delivery estimate.
I’ve had packages take anywhere from a week to two months. But they’ve always made it.

As a rule, I will never order from them if I’m on a deadline. And still, when I do I’m left with a slightly guilty conscience as it’s warehouse “shops” like these that kill off the small, knowledgeable physical shops so I try to do most of my shopping in “real” shops.

(I’m fairly sure we have more than one thread on this from the past, too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sporasub "One Air" 80 cm was ordered on the 4th May and arrived on 28th May from Scubastore.

Reactions: Mr. X
I made a big order with scubastore.com 10 days ago and it doesn’t seem to have even been dispatched yet. Each item on It’s own had an expected delivery date of the 24th when I placed the order (I actually made some choices dueto some items having a slightly sooner expected delivery date). The expected delivery date I have now for the entire order just keeps rolling further and further into the future.

theyre pretty much impossible to get hold of too! Anyone know how long they usually take?

I placed an order with them in early January of 2020 for products that they showed they had in stock. After I placed the order, I was surprised to see that some of items I ordered weren't actually in stock and were "expected" to arrive few days later. These few days turned into 2 - 3 weeks later. The order was shipped almost a month later in February and it hasn't arrived yet as of writing this reply. I contacted them several times and I get their computer automated responses with fake names telling me to wait a little longer. The last time they responded, I was informed that shipments are taking a "little" longer to arrive due to the COVID-19 issue. I have contacted PayPal concerning this matter and have escalated it with PayPal. PayPal said that they have have contacted the scubastore people and waiting for their response. No response yet from Scubastore even after the deadline for their response has passed as I was told by PayPal. I am waiting to hear back from PayPal with their decision on this matter.

It is a huge gamble with these fraudsters. If you do a search for reviews on scubastore on google, you will find a huge number of complaints about them for issues similar to mine and other types of issues related to none delivery of orders or other very bad business practices.

Last edited:
Where are you located? How did they ship to you from Europe, courier or something else?
I am in Australia, they shipped it to my front door. I was in no hurry to receive it, so I was not really watching out for it and then it appeared delivered by a courier guy. Shipping is being very much disrupted now, I bought an item on eBay on 27th April and it is still not here. However tracking showed that it was held up for a long time waiting for an airflight at some despatch centre after having long ago left the seller. It seems some items are getting put into surface transport which means on a ship and that can take up to 3 months. Scubastore gives you 3 shipping options, but I always take the cheapest option which is around 50 dollars or under. The next two faster options double or triple that, so I decide to wait. A lot depends in what the item is, if you buy a reel or a grip handle it will be shipped much faster than a 1.3 meter speargun.

Another thing to remember is that many large aircraft are parked up due to decreased demand for flying and are basically in medium term storage with their engines and wheel covered leaving only a relatively small number of passenger and freight aircraft still operating.

Another thing to remember is that many large aircraft are parked up due to decreased demand for flying and are basically in medium term storage with their engines and wheel covered leaving only a relatively small number of passenger and freight aircraft still operating.
Yes, apparently a lot of airfreight (40%?) normally travels in the hold of passenger planes.

Is scubastore the same as DiveInn? I've only used spearfishing.co.uk for one or two small orders but they were very good. I had one order with scubastore that had multiple problems, they eventually resolved some issues but not all, it felt to me like they had deliberately engaged in sharp practice and/or had unusually poor customer complaint handling. But their range of products is broad and their prices are often good, if you are not in hurry and don't mind dealing with their complaints dept. Is it worth the hassle? :( Sometimes, maybe, but usually not IMHO.

Websites with a bricks and mortar shop tend to give the best service, we have noticed over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johny Depth
Is scubastore the same as DiveInn? I've only used spearfishing.co.uk for one or two small orders but they were very good. I had one order with scubastore that had multiple problems, they eventually resolved some issues but not all, it felt to me like they had deliberately engaged in sharp practice and/or had unusually poor customer complaint handling. But their range of products is broad and their prices are often good, if you are not in hurry and don't mind dealing with their complaints dept. Is it worth the hassle? :( Sometimes, maybe, but usually not IMHO.

Websites with a bricks and mortar shop tend to give the best service, we have noticed over the years.

yeah scubastore.com is diveinn. I called their contact number and it was an Indian call centre!?

luckily it was easy enough to just cancel my order as it hadn’t even been processed (I could still make changes to it after 10 days).

Put a very similar order in with spearfishingUK and had tracking details almost immediately. I won’t be dealing with those scubastore/diveinn clowns again

That may add a week or two or even three weeks but not months to the shipping time.

That may add a week or two or even three weeks but not months to the shipping time.
It will if they go by sea. When I bought my first Taimen the parcel went by airmail inside Russia, then it was transferred to sea mail when it left Russia by some judgemental mail service employee. This was unknown both to the manufacturer and myself, but a clue was tracking mysteriously stopped when it was marked "departed for oversees destination". To avoid Russian Customs problems the gun was shipped in two packages separated by a large chunk of time and sure enough they did the exact same thing and the second parcel also got put on a ship. Months elapsed before I received each parcel, so long I had almost given up on it.

Russia is a very big place, Chelyabinsk is the other side of the Urals, a long way from Moscow. By contrast when I bought the titanium special edition it came much faster, although it was also sent in two pieces. Russian Customs are fond of seizing weapons as low level operatives live in fear of being accused of letting a weapon through and don't take chances with their career on the line. The same problem occurred here at one stage, anything described as a gun had the brakes applied by young Customs workers using their "initiative".

Actually I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Scubastore and everything arrived eventually. By contrast Subprof who used to be OK turned into a bunch of crooks who held onto your money even if they had no chance of sending you an item. Trust pilot may be worth checking to see the rating, but I have never looked at it for Scubastore. On the other hand Subprof got a roasting.

I think the “fraudster” comment is slightly over the top but I certainly know of the frustration that led to it. I have been there myself having sent a bunch of angry emails to them and stating on this same thread that they often lie about stock and delivery dates. But my orders (4-5) have always come through. The longest one was to China. Took 5 weeks of shipping but three weeks before they even sent it out despite everything being marked as being in stock. But that order had a ton of items. The fastest one, about a week, was one item - a Pathos gun and it turned out that they did have that in stock.
Oh, I also got a pair of skiing boots (I suspect same huge warehouse) in about a week a year ago - again, one item only.

As for getting a tracking number (yes, I know I’m “mixing” up users now) it sadly doesn’t guarantee anything. Many couriers will let senders print out a shipping label (including the tracking number) but it can still take days before the shop arranges for pickup. That’s happening to me right now with a vendor in China. But it’s happened once before with an otherwise well respected shop in Germany; got tracking number right away, but package took days to ship out and I missed it before I had to leave on a trip (and then they lied about it afterwards).
The Indian call center only proves one thing; scubastore is all about maximizing profits. But if you call some of the biggest American credit card companies, banks and health insurers you end up speaking to a Filipino call center agent. For better or worse, that’s just how the world is now.

My take on scubastore/diveinn is still the same. I will order from them again some day if I really need to save money but I will never order anything from them I can’t wait 1-2 months to get.
I’m not a fan of PayPal’s shitty exchange rates (don’t know if they are better these years) but it’s worth considering using them for dealing with shops you don’t have 100% trust in as their buyers protection is said to really work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It will if they go by sea. When I bought my first Taimen the parcel went by airmail inside Russia, then it was transferred to sea mail when it left Russia by some judgemental mail service employee. This was unknown both to the manufacturer and myself, but a clue was tracking mysteriously stopped when it was marked "departed for oversees destination". To avoid Russian Customs problems the gun was shipped in two packages separated by a large chunk of time and sure enough they did the exact same thing and the second parcel also got put on a ship. Months elapsed before I received each parcel, so long I had almost given up on it.

Russia is a very big place, Chelyabinsk is the other side of the Urals, a long way from Moscow. By contrast when I bought the titanium special edition it came much faster, although it was also sent in two pieces. Russian Customs are fond of seizing weapons as low level operatives live in fear of being accused of letting a weapon through and don't take chances with their career on the line. The same problem occurred here at one stage, anything described as a gun had the brakes applied by young Customs workers using their "initiative".

We do a lot of sea freight from all over the world, not Russia however, and it is usually 60 days max, but this isn't the case here. When you use scubastore you are paying for airfreight, express service and going on 6 months without any sign of the goods is just totally unreasonable and without justification. The vendor in question, scubastore, lied about the availability of the goods also. Their customer service is run by an automated system that does nothing to resolve the issues and one has to resort to their payment card company to step in to get a refund. We are also talking about a Western European company doing business out of a western European country not Russia.

Last edited:
Took 5 weeks of shipping but three weeks before they even sent it out despite everything being marked as being in stock.

I am talking about 6 months now, not weeks. I wouldn't have complained if it were only 5 weeks. What is making things much worse is their customer service, it doesn't exist and it doesn't reply to inquiries. They just ignore it. If it weren't for PayPal, they would have gotten away with it.

I have no relationship with Scubastore, but I ordered four large items from them this year (2020) and they all arrived, although some were faster than others. I don't hand out ratings, but if I did I would give them 4.5 stars (out of 5), as one gun a year or so back had a busted part which was eventually replaced (the part that is).

Seeing the miserable rating I decided to add a review and to my surprise had done so once before which I had forgotten about. Problem is people like me who don't have problems don't write, while those who do certainly write a review. This can skew the results as usually complainers are more motivated to write. Not saying that they are problem free, but I can only write about my experiences. Reflecting back on the broken part it is very likely to have occurred when it left the factory and before Scubastore ever laid hands on it.

Last edited:
Well here you go, it pays to read more than the top few and certainly some have something to complain about, but as I said I have not had a problem yet.
One thing I do, I look around a lot of sites before I buy anything and check the stock status each time I look. My last purchase from them I checked a few times before I made an order as prices can move around a bit as specials come and go. Always using PayPal may also be a factor.

Last edited:
To be fair, my last, small, simple DiveInn order - 3 Italian made spearo knives - before Brexit arrived ok. I don't recall how long it took, it wasn't time critical for me, price was more important and I knew they might take a long time.

They weren't my first choice though. I was planning to buy an Omer Laser mini-dagger from spearfishingStore.co.uk as part of a much larger order but they sold out just before I finalized the order. Their web prices are often as good or better than DiveInn/Scubastore and their service was fast, efficient and trouble free; there were also some nice details in the way they dealt with speargun rigging and spares and their green packing.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT