• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore.com delivery time?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am talking about 6 months now, not weeks. I wouldn't have complained if it were only 5 weeks. What is making things much worse is their customer service, it doesn't exist and it doesn't reply to inquiries. They just ignore it. If it weren't for PayPal, they would have gotten away with it.
Ah, sorry, this whole lockdown has made me not only loose track of what day it is but indeed also what month. Six months is crazy, agreed. I went nuts after four weeks. Can't remember how I got a hold of them over email but for sure it was a battle getting real answers out of a real person.

Reactions: DivingNomad
Ive ordered a few things from them, including a dive watch during COVID times. All items shipped in reasonable time and got to me in about 2 weeks here in Japan. I'd shy away of anything that says will ship in a certain of number of days like they are expecting new stock.

I bought from diveinn a few times in the past. The latest was in April. Yes it did take a bit longer due to ‘rona but not too bad. To be absolutely honest, there is not one single online store that I was ever happy with. Diveinn isn’t the worst. Dealing with any online spearfishing store you may assume that staff has no clue what they are selling, bunch of dummies. Backordered items are always “only two weeks away”. Orders are modified with what similar items happned to be in stock, these kind of things. And Paypal, fkers, arrested my account for receiving funds for legally sold firearm. Paypal clerk explained to me among other things that knives are also “weapons” and not allowed. How can you deal with financial institution that dictates what I can and what I can’t sell or buy? By the way, visa can resolve online transactions just as good.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
I bought from diveinn a few times in the past. The latest was in April. Yes it did take a bit longer due to ‘rona but not too bad. To be absolutely honest, there is not one single online store that I was ever happy with. Diveinn isn’t the worst. Dealing with any online spearfishing store you may assume that staff has no clue what they are selling, bunch of dummies. Backordered items are always “only two weeks away”. Orders are modified with what similar items happned to be in stock, these kind of things. And Paypal, fkers, arrested my account for receiving funds for legally sold firearm. Paypal clerk explained to me among other things that knives are also “weapons” and not allowed. How can you deal with financial institution that dictates what I can and what I can’t sell or buy? By the way, visa can resolve online transactions just as good.
Hmm, recently bought a dive knife on eBay using PayPal, so there must be some inconsistency. Every speargun in recent years has been paid for using PayPal for that matter.

Reactions: Mr. X

I didn't know that about Visa, that's handy info as I have a never fully grown to like Paypal...

Well my fins and speargun arrived today from
Spearfishing UK, glad I cancelled my scubastore order.

couple of bits I’m still waiting on but I knew these were on back order and they agreed to split my order to allow me to get the main bits ASAP

Reactions: DivingNomad
I just ordered some stuff shipped to Thailand. It got here very fast, but got held up in customs for an unusually long time, about two weeks.

Total time order to receive was three weeks.

I was overall very happy with the surface and would definitely recommend and use again, especially in a country like Thailand where I find it difficult to find what I need.

I made an order with frontline free diving, never heard from them. I don’t know whether they are having corona issues or don’t access their email orders or whatever. I got my refund, then ordered from nootica. Hopefully, they are more effective handling orders.

I've had decent success with these guys. The reason they are slow is because they drop-ship the vast majority of the items. Meaning they don't actually have the items on hand but place an order to the manufacturer after you order. Make sure to use a credit card so you have insurance if they flake out on your order. You take a chance with these guys for sure.

I will NEVER use them again.

Every single order I’ve placed has been WEEKS late even when they say things are in stock.

I also paid EXTRA for express delivery hoping that would help, but no change, no refund for express delivery I’d paid for and didn’t receive.

Customer service is terrible and they lie too both by email and on the phone, and will happily tell you it’s already on the way when it hasn’t.

AVOID The DIVEINN / SCUBASTORE and the other ‘INN’ group websites they are all the same.

Hi, Less than 2 weeks ago I ordered a pair of beauchat rock boots and they arrived either the next day or or 2 days later, anyway I was very surprised and was not expecting delivery that quickly.

1 or 2 days is good. Yes, they can get simple orders right sometimes but they seem to struggle to do it consistently. Their product descriptions are sometimes - not always - poor or inaccurate. I suspect many employees, and/or suppliers, know little or nothing about spearfishing and/or don't understand some of the finer points of English.

I have bad expiriance with scubastore, but You must know how their stock in is work things around. If you delevery time is much longer than another item that means that item is not stock in. When all items are stock in they put in delevery in 2 or 3 days. And you get it in 7 days, im in croatia,probably another countries more than this

I made a big order with scubastore.com 10 days ago and it doesn’t seem to have even been dispatched yet. Each item on It’s own had an expected delivery date of the 24th when I placed the order (I actually made some choices dueto some items having a slightly sooner expected delivery date). The expected delivery date I have now for the entire order just keeps rolling further and further into the future.

theyre pretty much impossible to get hold of too! Anyone know how long they usually take?

I had to call to ask about my order, which was on order for over a month.

The problem with Scubastore (or at least one of them) is that they do not stock all the items the offer and there is a big coordination problem between whaty they show on the website and what they really have ready to deliver. I have suffered this very same issue several times, but the lure of lower prices is tempting. If I need something NOW I get it from a local or semi-local store. I even deal with them via Whatsapp, they are that friendly.

I suggest you skip the emails and try to call them directly. The few times I have needed to do so, calling them has been faster and easier.

Mikel

I made a big order with scubastore.com 10 days ago and it doesn’t seem to have even been dispatched yet. Each item on It’s own had an expected delivery date of the 24th when I placed the order (I actually made some choices dueto some items having a slightly sooner expected delivery date). The expected delivery date I have now for the entire order just keeps rolling further and further into the future.

theyre pretty much impossible to get hold of too! Anyone know how long they usually take?
I ordered a wetsuit from them in early May. It's scheduled to arrive today... 30th of June. So it's taken about 2 months.

Untill about 10 years back, Scubastore service was top notch. If there was ever a small issue, you just called them, and they’d have things sorted in seconds, no questions asked.
Then things like you describe suddenly became their new norm. They are impossible to get in touch with, and if you should be so lucky, your swiftly rerouted to a maze of automatic dysfunctional customer services. No help to be had.
Seems the fact is they don’t actually have in stock, what they claim to have.
They also sometimes happen to ship you the «closest they have» to what you order, if they don’t have the exact item.
It is a damn shame though that they have such a nice selection of diving gear
Always stick with PayPal at Scubastore.
Hope things turn out good.

Rony

Reactions: popgun pete
..i placed my first order with them many years ago. the delivery took sometimes. when i called them on the hotline , they explained they have to wait for one missing item to complete the order. since then i will always call them before i place my order and have them confirm to me on the phone wich items they really have in stock at their own warehouse. only then i will place my order , and since i never had a delivery problem with them again.
wich was at least 5 orders within the last 7years. last one was in 2019.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT