• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore.com delivery time?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I made 3 orders from Diveinn within last 2 years total value of about 500€. I received all of them within estimated delivery time (max 10 days). I guess I was lucky they had all items on stock.

It would be better all-round if they stated that "in stock" meant what it implied and other items should be declared as "on back order". The problem with Subprof was they advertised as "in stock" products they never had and in fact were yet to be made available from the manufacturer. That falsehood was what sunk them completely, so Scubastore should make sure that they don't go the same way.

Untill about 10 years back, Scubastore service was top notch. If there was ever a small issue, you just called them, and they’d have things sorted in seconds, no questions asked.
Then things like you describe suddenly became their new norm. They are impossible to get in touch with, and if you should be so lucky, your swiftly rerouted to a maze of automatic dysfunctional customer services. No help to be had.
Seems the fact is they don’t actually have in stock, what they claim to have.
They also sometimes happen to ship you the «closest they have» to what you order, if they don’t have the exact item.
It is a damn shame though that they have such a nice selection of diving gear
Always stick with PayPal at Scubastore.
Hope things turn out good.

Rony
It's a real shame it's gone downhill so quickly. I used to know all the management team at Scubastore and they were great. Personal customer service and a desire to be the best online diving store in Europe. Sadly about 10-12 years ago there was a change in ownership and it seems to be all about smoke and mirrors around stock, poor outsourced customer service, and delivery times into the months.

7 months now and no news so far about my package and its whereabouts. PayPal should be making a final decision in about two weeks' time. Scubastore is a fraud and a cheat.

I have finally heard back from PayPal, they have ruled in my favor and issued me a full refund for the order I made with DiveInn/Scubastore.com in January. The fraudsters at DiveInn had no case at all. I am glad that I used PayPal instead of CC. DiveInn may have been a reputable operation in the very old past, but in my experience and according to the reviews I have found online, they are now a huge risk for the buyer, a "hit or miss" operation at best. Not recommended and strongly recommended not to use them. Although things went in my favor in this case but I am still not very happy that it took almost 8 months to resolve the issue. No one should have to wait for this long for their order or refund especially considering that the spearfishing season is approaching its end.

DiveInn/ScubaStore.com are shameless fraudsters in my book!! May they rot in spearfishing hell!!

I'll be making sure that I give them the worst reviews all over the internet.

Last edited:
What did the tracking say? Forgive me I did not read the entire story, it is just that this is the only option for many of us so it is worrying to read something like this. Is it possible that the mail courier just lost it?

I'll be making sure that I give them the worst reviews all over the internet.

..very good plan. when you say "all over the internet" , do you mean this literally or figuratively ?
anyway , here is another plan , just get over it and back in the water....

Reactions: Leander
here is another plan , just get over it and back in the water

What makes you think that I am not back in the water? Why does it matter to you? You don't think that others who don't know shouldn't be warned? I wish that I knew before I got involved with DiveInn/Scubastore.com so I'd have made purchase arrangements with a different vendor to buy the spare parts and accessories I desperately needed and should have had before the start of the season instead of wasting time, money and opportunity the WHOLE season waiting for the order to arrive and chasing DiveInn/Scubastore.com without getting any answer except some robotic automated replies that tell me nothing.

Last edited:
Obviously, DivingNomad had a crap experience and is not the only one. On the other side, just now Diveinn managed to send a gun from Spain to a province of the Philippines in less than three weeks. So, it's not all bad, more like there's a risk of them messing up and when they do, they don't deal with it properly. Whether you want to take that risk or not is up to you. Personally, I have a 100% fulfillment rate from 4-5 orders from them, though half of those were delayed, one of them more than a month late.

Reactions: DivingNomad
What makes you think that I am not back in the water? Why does it matter to you? You don't think that other who don't know shouldn't be warned? I wish that I knew so I'd have made arrangements with a different vendor to buy the spare parts and accessories I desperately needed and should have had before the start of the season instead of wasting time, money and opportunity the WHOLE season waiting for the order to arrive and chasing DiveInn/Scubastore.com without getting any answer except some robotic automated replies that tell me nothing.

Of course, others deserve a fair warning, and I think overall this thread is probably a quite fair assessment of what you risk or can expect if dealing with them. Also, for others here, remember this is not the only thread on this subject. We have reviewed our experiences with them before.

I am a bit like DivingNomad that in I can carry a warranted grudge against dishonest businesses for a while, and I did when they were over a month late on one of my orders and had gone radio silent. So, of course, he has earned the right to spend his time slamming them.

That said, since I personally had fairly OK dealings with them excluding the very delayed one, I will prolly ride my luck a few times more depending on their pricing, what I need and how long I can wait to get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DivingNomad
Of course, others deserve a fair warning, and I think overall this thread is probably a quite fair assessment of what you risk or can expect if dealing with them. Also, for others here, remember this is not the only thread on this subject. We have reviewed our experiences with them before.

I am a bit like DivingNomad that in I can carry a warranted grudge against dishonest businesses for a while, and I did when they were over a month late on one of my orders and had gone radio silent. So, of course, he has earned the right to spend his time slamming them.

Personally, since I had fairly OK dealings with them looking at the total of their orders, I will prolly ride my luck a few times more with them depending on their pricing, what I need and how long I can wait to get it.

One can't expect that ALL of their orders will be lost or delayed or that ALL of their customers will have bad experience with them for the vendor to be considered a very high risk, this isn't how it works. Amazon wouldn't have stayed in business had they had the risk factor of Scubastore.com even when some of scubastore's orders and customers are satisfied and didn't have issues with their orders.

There is substantial evidence that DiveInn/Scubastore.com is a huge risk to warn others about it and anyone that chooses to deal with them after they have been warned, they deserve what happens to them and shouldn't complain if they get burned. Heck, if Scubastore had the name recognition Amazon has, they would have been investigated by the government, CNN, 60 Minutes and would have had a segment on SNL devoted to them for sure. What is most infuriating is that their customer service is one of the worst, if not the worst, I have dealt with. Perhaps Europeans are more tolerant of such level of poor service but this isn't what I am used to in the US. I have dealt with Amazon since their start as a book store (twenty years ago or more but not sure) and I have NEVER had an issue with them, not once even after thousands upon thousands of $$$ spent with them over the years. What scubastore.com is failing to do is inexcusable especially considering the frequency of how often is happens to this many people even if it doesn't happen to "all" people in all orders.

Love, hugs and kisses to all (from 3 meters)!!

One can't expect that ALL of their orders will be lost or delayed or that ALL of their customers will have bad experience with them for the vendor to be considered a very high risk, this isn't how it works. Amazon wouldn't have stayed in business had they had the risk factor of Scubastore.com even when some of scubastore's orders and customers are satisfied and didn't have issues with their orders.

There is substantial evidence that DiveInn/Scubastore.com is a huge risk to warn others about it and anyone that chooses to deal with them after they have been warned, they deserve what happens to them and shouldn't complain if they get burned. Heck, if Scubastore had the name recognition Amazon has, they would have been investigated by the government, CNN, 60 Minutes and would have had a segment on SNL devoted to them for sure. What is most infuriating is that their customer service is one of the worst, if not the worst, I have dealt with. Perhaps Europeans are more tolerant of such level of poor service but this isn't what I am used to in the US. I have dealt with Amazon since their start as a book store (twenty years ago or more but not sure) and I have NEVER had an issue with them, not once even after thousands upon thousands of $$$ spent with them over the years. What scubastore.com is failing to do is inexcusable especially considering the frequency of how often is happens to this many people even if it doesn't happen to "all" people in all orders.

Love, hugs and kisses to all (from 3 meters)!!
I appreciate the negative feedback, but you have not actually said what has happened. For people to actually profit from your negative experience, they would need to know if there was never a tracking number after 8 months for example, or whatever the situation was.

I appreciate the negative feedback, but you have not actually said what has happened. For people to actually profit from your negative experience, they would need to know if there was never a tracking number after 8 months for example, or whatever the situation was.

There are 3 pages in this thread, you have to follow the story from the beginning.

There are 3 pages in this thread, you have to follow the story from the beginning.
I have read through all your responses, and I am going to give you my, what I would call, logical conclusion based on what you have written.

Scubastore was slow with your order. You contacted them and were not happy with their service. You have refused to state if you ever got a tracking number, or where the item was in the system, but that did not stop you from calling them "fraudsters" which indicates to me people are selling things, taking money and knowingly not sending out items.

Objectively speaking, you sound like a person who has walked into a police station saying you got robbed, yet wont give a single detail to the cops except that your stuff is gone and the bad guy is very very bad indeed. I am just letting you know how you are coming off. And that with the information you have given, to an objective viewer, it seems just as likely that a postal courier or customs department screwed up and lost your order.

Last edited:
I have read through all your responses, and I am going to give you my, what I would call, logical conclusion based on what you have written.

Scubastore was slow with your order. You contacted them and were not happy with their service. You have refused to state if you ever got a tracking number, or where the item was in the system, but that did not stop you from calling them "fraudsters" which indicates to me people are selling things, taking money and knowingly not sending out items.

Objectively speaking, you sound like a person who has walked into a police station saying you got robbed, yet wont give a single detail to the cops except that your stuff is gone and the bad guy is very very bad indeed. I am just letting you know how you are coming off. And that with the information you have given, to an objective viewer, it seems just as likely that a postal courier or customs department screwed up and lost your order.

And the cops and the court decided that DiveInn/Scubastore.com did in fact took me for a ride and not deliver the products and could not find the order anywhere and the cops and the court (PayPal) ruled in my favor against DiveInn/Scubastore.com and refunded me the money after almost 8 months of chasing scubastore to try to find where my order went and not receiving ANY answer from them except once I received an automated response telling me that they will get back to me but never did.

BTW, PayPal had ALL of the details including Scubastore's answers which weren't much and ruled in my favor. Also, if I were the first and only person to complain, one can say stuff happens, but if you read the reviews all over the internet, you'll clearly see a pattern of complaints regarding scubastore's bad business practices and many complaints about their poor customer service and the auto-attendent they have answer complaints and customer inquiries. Loads of complaints.

Lots of people here said they received their orders, so *Inn are not fraudsters. They may be filled with fail, sure.

Lots of companies these days do business from a dorm room. Someone who's clever enough never has to actually see the product yet can sell shiploads of it every day. Quality gets traded for quantity here, and that's exactly how they manage to undercut all the competition. The one-in-a-thousand order that goes bust is collateral damage.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
Lots of people here said they received their orders, so *Inn are not fraudsters. They may be filled with fail, sure.

Lots of companies these days do business from a dorm room. Someone who's clever enough never has to actually see the product yet can sell shiploads of it every day. Quality gets traded for quantity here, and that's exactly how they manage to undercut all the competition. The one-in-a-thousand order that goes bust is collateral damage.

Very true. Obviously, when they mess up they should fess up so that’s another casualty of how they run things there.
Also, I tend to think that most people who have a fairly smooth transaction with them actually don’t bother to review them.
I never feel good about buying there. I’m almost ashamed. But I do spend more money at real shops so that offsets some of my guilt. But I for one wouldn’t post anywhere about when they get my order right. Point obviously is that I think this is one case where the overall reviews might make them look worse than they really are.

Do you risk stuff not showing up more so than from most other places? Yes, you probably do. Is the risk high compared to the sometimes fairly massive cost savings? That’s up to you to decide. Will it take a long time to get a refund if stuff doesn’t turn up - probably. Would a credit card company have gotten you your refund? The OP seem to not think so whereas others on this thread do.
Is the risk of losing money outright high? Prolly not. Is the risk of a delay in getting your stuff high? Definitely so based on my ow experiences.

I should correct my previous post about a friend receiving his gun in the Philippines in less than a month, I was mistaken. I just checked and while it’s still one island away from getting here that’s really not to be blamed on diveinn, both fedex and DHL are slow these days on that leg. But what was typical diveinn behavior in this case was that though he only ordered one gun and some pigtails both of which were marked as in stock, they took 11 days for the package to ship out. After that, it made it to the next island over half a world away in just a few days. While they do seem to have their own warehouse I think it’s safe to say that a vast part of their “inventory” is drop shipped or only in real stock at their suppliers.

Anyways, I’ll bow out now as from here on out and for while, I’ve been repeating myself;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never feel good about buying there. I’m almost ashamed. But I do spend more money at real shops so that offsets some of my guilt.
Don't be. If a shop wants to stay small and local, then it's going to have less customers, and that's not the fault of the customer.

Besides that, the combination of small/local AND webshop w/ good prices IS possible. Look at Planet Dive Store as an example. It not just started out as a small local shop, it still is. Their store is situated somewhere at the edge of the Prato city center and when there aren't any customers in the store they use the time to prepare shipments for the webshop. Perhaps also to be mentioned as a good alternative to *Inn, as they have good prices, good inventory and good customer service, imo an example-store for this era.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT