• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sharm Individual World Champs - Info & Updates

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jome ,
please let me know how Ashod performs...i think he is going for 66m...
i guess youre the "offical DB commentator" this year :)

Cheers

Jome ,
please let me know how Ashod performs...i think he is going for 66m...
i guess youre the "offical DB commentator" this year :)

Cheers

Think he will start his own prep. soon, doing a big 83m dive later. I think it will be silent for a while

wind forecasts in Sharm show a slight decrease as the afternoon approaches, but still overall a little windy

Think he will start his own prep. soon, doing a big 83m dive later. I think it will be silent for a while

:confused: 83m? are you sure we are talking about the same ashod..Im talking about the egyptian freediver, his PB was 70m last month, he's playing it a bit safer due to the wind factor..
thanks...

Should be up to the big guns (80m+) right now, unless my time zone calc is out of kilter with daylight savings.

Any news?

Dave King 78m new British National Record!! Deepest UK man... well done Dave!!!

That's a clean sweep for the Brits I think, not too bad at all! (God what am I saying, been in this country waaay too long!).

Funny - if you look at who's online, virtually everybody is looking at this thread... no wonder, it's heating up over there!

Last edited:
Benny,

I meant Kiwi Dave - you know the one you Aussies will try to claim.

Well done UK Dave. WOW.

I know who you meant Fran - got the text with the news just as you posted. Clearly there's too many Daves in the world.

And what's this "try" business? I'll wager he'll be over our side of the pond soon enough. We don't steal them, they keep begging to come over :D Though if he gets the WR then there could be a bit of begging on our side!

In the 90's now.... need to go to lunch but can't tear myself away from the computer!

In the 90's now.... need to go to lunch but can't tear myself away from the computer!

HI Benny
thanks for posting the thing on Dave, brilliant eh? i am also trying to watch a movie and not keep going back to the 'puter for an update. all very nerve wracking.. any news on Sara? or did i miss it?

do we have anyone updating us live from sharm...

Alright, here's what I know.

I just came up (white! :) and was the last diver before a 30 min break. Before me Timo got a white and Antero yellow (73). I saw at least Weine bo and I think Stavros too unfortunately, I was really hoping he'd make it.

That's all I know for now, but once we know more, I'll let you know :)

My dive was not what I'd call a pleasant or relaxed experience, I had contractions on the way down and was feeling really anxious from about 40m on the way down. But damn it, I made it. Now 15 min later I can even smile about it :)

Reactions: demasoni and trux
Well done Mr King - time out obviously did you good!!!!!

Donna

Go that Brit Pack!! Respect to the King for his journey into the abyss. Thinking of you guys out there and wishing we were with you.

Turn up the rock.
x

It's hard to tell from up here, but here's what I think happened.

Natalia - well I did not hear any cheering
Nery - cheering heard, I take it that's a white
Juraj - no cheering
Coste - lots and lots of cheering! Good for him!

Next up Herbert and Mullins!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT