• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - Gun Options 3 - Rail & Spear Diameter

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What rail and spear diameter option would you choose?

• Enclosed track 7mm sharkfin spear

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Enclosed track 6.5mm sharkfin spear

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Open track 6.5mm sharkfin spear

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Open track 7mm sharkfin spear

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Rail gun 7mm sharkfin spear

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Rail gun 6.5 sharkfin spear

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Rail gun 7mm notched spear

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Rail gun 6.5mm notched spear

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - Gun Options 3 - Rail & Spear Diame

I am very surprised how the voting has gone right from the start! I would never have guessed, for one second, the gun would be a single band Euro & now we have the possibility of an enclosed track 90cm Euro powered by one band!
Although surprised, not disheartened, because that would be just about perfect for my style of hunting. :)
However, that configuration will make this gun a true custom creation, not to mention, a few headaches for the GITS!
Did we ever tell you about GITS? - Well GITS is a simple abbreviation for the anonymous gun builder based around an anagram :confused:

Reactions: spaghetti
Re: The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - Gun Options 3 - Rail & Spear Diame

well you might receive a few puzzled looks from the GITS once you tell him the gun he is building is a 90cm euro with enclosed track and single band..:) not the sort he is used to im sure

well you might receive a few puzzled looks from the GITS once you tell him the gun he is building is a 90cm euro with enclosed track and single band..:) not the sort he is used to im sure

Just tell him he has to build an outstanding, unique, genial, marvellous piece of an artwork 90cm euro with enclosed track and single band. :)

that should work spago..boost him up about it :)

Yeah but where's that handle going????? rofl

Its got to be a mid handle, totally different to what i am used to, but i imagine it would be perfect for UK diving. Swing the beauty round nice and quick and smash those bass right in the face.

Excuse my ignorance, but will this gun definitely have an open muzzle or will we have the option of a closed muzzle if it turns out be an open track or rail gun? as if it will definitely be an open muzzle i am going to vote for enclosed track.

Cheers Ian

Last edited:

You will have to wait for a future poll to find that out but if the theme continues - probably at the front!

Reactions: Pastor

rofl this is turning into my dream gun! I can't see that one happening, I'm as amazed as Foxy to see how the voting has turned out so far. I was convinced it would have been a hybrid or a Tuna gun but never ever the possibility of an enclosed track Euro. Well the voting isn't over yet, lets see how it pans out but it looks like the GITS has a few problems on his hands.

Its got to be a mid handle, totally different to what i am used to, but i imagine it would be perfect for UK diving. Swing the beauty round nice and quick and smash those bass right in the face.

All jokes aside mate, I think the gun has to - at least - have the handle close to the rear. That was decided during the first poll when the Euro design won the vote.

Oh I don't know, none of the original options had handle position options I think it might be fair to put that up for vote. I wouldn't expect the mid to win by any shot

Reactions: Lockedin

Not to keep towing the Riffe Co. line (they're just what I'm familiar with) They offer euro shafts with mini shark fins. Of course, they're on this side of the world.:D

RIFFE INTERNATIONAL / Accessories - Page 1

My 75cm reef gun is somewhere between a mid, and a rear handle, it swings very nicely. :)

I'm really interested in the reversed trigger idea - what would that do to trigger position?

Reactions: foxfish

Maybe IT'S G. Ali G?

Dave

Reactions: foxfish

Well whoever it is as long as they spell my name right when they put it on my new gun then all will be well.
Well can’t blame a bloke for thinking positively can you.:)

ok paul, maybe the Gits could also engrave that Taz devil for you on the gun :):):) give it some extra personality :)
cheers

Reactions: podge

ok paul, maybe the Gits could also engrave that Taz devil for you on the gun :):):) give it some extra personality :)
cheers

Now yer talking roflrofl

Oh I don't know, none of the original options had handle position options I think it might be fair to put that up for vote. I wouldn't expect the mid to win by any shot

I agree, i would like to have the opportunity to vote on where the handle is positioned. As that option wasn't available in the first poll.

I was looking forward to a seeing a hybrid as well Pastor, but then again thats democracy for you. The mob rules :)

I voted for the 6.5 notched spear rail gun, the admin involved with getting hold of shark fin spears put me off of the enclosed track in the end. I like to have plenty of spares kicking around.

Reactions: Lockedin

Interesting point in the poll - The rail gun with a 6.5mm shaft is actually most popular with 14 votes (nearly 36.8%), but they disagree on notched vs. sharkfins.

Whereas the enclosed track can only have sharkfins, so no disagreement in the 13 votes (34%).

Perhaps a second poll would be in order.:)

Very, very close! Very, very cool.:cool:

Last edited:

Cheers Ian

Mid Handle on a 90? seems to me like you would be taking the range out of it

I've got a mid handled 90, it's my favourite gun :)

Reactions: Newbie_spearo
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT