• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The first freediving competition under ice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Oh and Steinar, I'm sure Dan Burton, the cameraman will have little problems framing Eric Fattah's appearance in a respect full manner, even diving the crazy Viking way ;)

Maybe Eric could sell some advertising area, for glasses with a line like this at a hot spot:
" If you can read this, you don't need *brandname* lenses"

I'm confident others' can word other inspiring lines!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

My feelings go out for the in water judge too, at least the safety guys will have some exercise and re leave being changed.

I wonder weather the now flooded snow free area will be transparent when the water is frozen over again?

Where can I find the participants list?

And about those video's, how deep does that ROV camara go in this video?

Exiting, I wish I could be there!

Kars

Unfortunately we will not be able to see the divers through the ice due to lair of ice mixed with snow.

The camera is at 10 meters.

After our frediving event Feb 7th, I really wish I could afford to fly over for this event! I know it will be a good time for everyone that makes it!

Beware, The Horten elite freedivers are coming to Oslo to rock the contest,After 5 months of no diving we are in top shape,and after todays freezing warmup dives in 2Celcius water(brr) with impressive dives of up to 13meters we are expecting nothing less than first and second place :friday

rofl
Atleast we are looking forward to meeting and greating other divers :inlove

Attachments

• hortens-dykkelite.jpg
    hortens-dykkelite.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Cool pictures!

Is Eric Fattah there too?

Where can see the full participants list?

Keep the info coming!

Dan photo's are very nice too, I love how the Ice looks underneath Elisabeth :)

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Awesome competition!

Looks like it was a lot of fun, maybe I can make it next time. Have a fun competition between nordic nations?

:)

Pete

Nice, very nice! I mean very very nice!

21m no wetsuit that's hardcore!

Well done guys, great pictures too!

There were actually two hardcore guys there. Well, all the athletes were hardcore:) but Stig and Thomas Grindevoll were extra hardcore. Thomas did a 30m CWT with no suit. I used a 3mm fluidgoggles and hyperfin with no socks, and I thought that was painful. I still can`t figure out how they managed to do the dive. Thomas was even in the water for a while before his dive. Amazing.
On sunday I got another reason to be very, very happy. I won the tailormade Elios-suit. I was surprised how well my red 3mm suit worked in the cold water. No cold water entered, so a quick no warm up dive was ok in the freezing water.

Here are the results from all dives sorted by OIC points.

The real competition started on the second day when it became clear that diving CWT to 52 m is not going to win this thing.

All together we saw some amazing performances, two National Records (I should have put that in the PDF, I know):

Jacov Kastelan CNF 30m Croatia
Dmytro Zholud CWT 28m Ukraine

No red cards, lots of early turns which showes how considerate all divers where.

Attachments

• Start Schedual OIC - Results.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 180
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT