• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Volunteers required for deep freedive project: Southern France

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you on the presumtion that the bloggers selected will be clueless. Frankly, its presumptious and suggest that the organizers are therefore also clueless. This is a going nowhere discussion.

Accepting that people may misinterrpret what you say is one thing and partly a fact of life. Choosing bloggers who have no clue is promoting misinterpretations.

I encountered strange things on TV. From interpreting concentration to perepare for a dive as he must be feeling sick ad trying to put his act together. A contraction was hyperventilating air back and forth between stomac and lungs. And a medic preparing medication to inject someone with a big needle through his wetsuit right into the heart because he was a medical expert and the person was already doing a 2 minutes static. Filtering that crap out is professional not misinterperting reality.

Makes me wonder what the selection criteria will be.

Meanwhile the Chinese bloggers mentioned above gained another 5.000 votes each in the last 4 hours. That cannot be normal.

Meanwhile the Chinese bloggers mentioned above gained another 5.000 votes each in the last 4 hours. That cannot be normal.

China is a big country and people there have fast fingers.

Sebastien,
You interpreted preferring bloggers with some knowledge about freediving as censoring reports and misconstruing reality by painting pretty pictures. And now you misinterpret my words again so there is little sense in continuing about it.

Simos,
I like the fast finger humor.

So let us not focus on a serious event and have fun. Does anyone know how to vote multiple times and that fast? Post it here. We could hold a competition of seeing who can vote the fastest.

Fastest finger competition!
We could do a individual, team or continent fastest finger competition. Suggestions? Starting time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Will
Roland, I am afraid you are misinterpreting the purpose of the event. There are two basic things to achieve - Seb wants to set a new record and needs some financial support for it. The watchmaker company is kind enough to offer him the necessary financial and material support, but in exchange they need some publicity, so that it pays back to them something too. Nobody really cares whether the reports will be technically just, or whether the selection of colaborators will be just. The only thing that is important is that Seb gets the needed support and can do his record, and that the company gets some publicity from it too. In fact the less the bloggers know about freedving, and the more bullshit they write, the more attractive it may be for the clueless public, and the more return the company can get. We, the freedivers will get the info we need anyway most likely directly from Seb, from Kars, or from other freedivers who will participate there.

Last edited:
Hi Trux, I know the sponsoring/ finance game. Records cost lots of money. Getting media attention and exposure at any cost is not compatible with being serious or wanting to promote oneself as a producer of highly reliable quality products. There are other marketing views around though. The combination freediving - watch is a combination with great potential.

And if it is just for the fun and attention factor: high vote counts make sure media are more interested. So we should add a couple of thousand votes to deeperblue members by a fastest finger competition. Just have to figure out the way to add multiple votes and do it that fast. Fun and benificial for everyone then. :friday

The main idea behind the voting is to make it spread virally, not so much for the media to see that there are many voted - someone applies for the job, then he gets as many friends and others to vote for him/her and basically in the process does the job of promoting the event on social media etc. Also getting people who are connected on social media to be bloggers etc ensures that there is good post-event promotion.

There are people out there with huge twitter followings that can get many genuine votes just by tweeting about it but it's also relatively easy to post thousands of 'fake' votes if the voting system is not very sophisticated. It's pointless though and only causes issues to organisers so it shouldn't be done.

As Trux said, let's focus on Seb's attempt - i know i am really looking forward to it! Freediving aside, it's very interestin on a scientific level too.

It doesn't really matter much what the bloggers will write and who they are; at the end of the day, they might even be given the information they need to blog about so let's not assume it'll be inaccurate anyway.

I wonder if Sebastien will break it, that is the sponsor ML watch - rated 200m :D

We'll see how ML selects their favoured people, I'm already very happy to see that so many here have done their best to give me votes. Tres Bien, Merci beaucoupe!

To ML, if you have me I could do also some Dutch reporting.

Le sigh.

It is with great disappointment that I report that I will not be going to France next week. Thank you for your support, however.

I was not selected either.

But I still got a plane ticket to go to Nice. Also I took the two weeks off from work.

So if you happen to live around Nice like to train / fish / dive with a me for a two weeks then that would be a great holiday. I'm also a practical guy so I'm pleased to help out with nearly any job around the house in trade for a place to sleep and perhaps a taste of the real French cuisine :D

Off cause we can sail to Seb's record location and view how he's doing.

So if anyone know a few nice freedivers around, I'm pleased to get to know them and have a great time together.

Merci beaucoupe!

Kars

Sorry kars, wasn't ya one of the saefty diver in seb's team? Btw i'll be there for 2 weeks and i'll dive day and night eheheheh so if u need a buddy...

Well I still feel pissed about the whole affair, and I try to make the most of my two weeks I took off from work. I cannot afford to have two week holiday there.

I wish you a great time, and hope you have good weather and your rescue skills are not needed for a real emergency.

don't worry i'll use my rescue skills only on hot girls!!!

Any news? Would be great to see Seb get to those depths on exhale.:eek:

Well, Maurice Lacroix maybe invested a lot of money and effort, hired a dozen of bloggers, but the information that comes from them is really just to vomit. Instead of reporting about the record, you just get the information about the color of bikinis of the other bloggers, how cute they are, and that they can smile. Absolutely nothing about the training. So today Seb apparently did the first deep dive, but there are absolutely no details about it.

Very disappointing. I wished Kars or someone else from DB was there and could report.

Reactions: Azrael3000
Trux, not to worry, they have just posted a cookie recipe as latest update. rofl

Day after day I am more and more disgusted by the bloggers of Maurice Lacroix. If I imagine how the money spent on them could have been used, and how the reporting could have seen, I am really sad. OK, I know that their purpose is not to inform the expert viewers (freedivers), but do not tell me that their bullshit is more attractive for the general public. I can't imagine anyone who is interested about the color of bikini of the bloggers, or about some stupid receipt for cookies, or that one of the team members looks like Brad Pitt's brother, or that Jun Haoo did not manage to copulate with Denea, or that Seb hybernates during his dives like a bear in winter, or why Seb likes the Pronto S watch of his sponsor (anyway you can see clearly he does not use any stupid Pronto S, but Uwatec Galileo for his dives).

Among those 30 or 40 posts of bullshit I still did not see a single one explaining something about Seb's dives, his equipment, dive preparation, safety, the scientific equipment used, and studies performed, the current depths achieced, or why Seb targets 213 m (1 meter less than the still standing Herbert's World Record of 214m) but still speaking about trying to break the WR. Well, there are hundreds of topics they could cover, but they prefer feeding us with bullshit that does not interest anyone at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: turtle
I must say I was busy helping a couple of good friends with their struggles, so I haven't read any blogpost, apart from the first English and German post. And those match Ivo's observations more or less. Though the English blog did offer an initial glim of how to start freediving.

Are there any other ways to get some info? - Like Ivo I'm disappointed in ML news, however Ivo's words make fear it's even worse then I was expecting.

But thank you for your supportive words Ivo.

Kars

Day after day I am more and more disgusted by the bloggers of Maurice Lacroix. If I imagine how the money spent on them could have been used, and how the reporting could have seen, I am really sad. OK, I know that their purpose is not to inform the expert viewers (freedivers), but do not tell me that their bullshit is more attractive for the general public. I can't imagine anyone who is interested about the color of bikini of the bloggers, or about some stupid receipt for cookies, or that one of the team members looks like Brad Pitt's brother, or that Jun Haoo did not manage to copulate with Denea, or that Seb hybernates during his dives like a bear in winter, or why Seb likes the Pronto S watch of his sponsor (anyway you can see clearly he does not use any stupid Pronto S, but Uwatec Galileo for his dives).

Among those 30 or 40 posts of bullshit I still did not see a single one explaining something about Seb's dives, his equipment, dive preparation, safety, the scientific equipment used, and studies performed, the current depths achieced, or why Seb targets 213 m (1 meter less than the still standing Herbert's World Record of 214m) but still speaking about trying to break the WR. Well, there are hundreds of topics they could cover, but they prefer feeding us with bullshit that does not interest anyone at all.

As far as I remember, he is targetting 703 feet which is about 30cm over 214m....

OK, still it does not explain why not 2 feet more, to make it 215m, but then again it is not too important. It will be a great attempt anyway

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT