• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2015 LUNOCET PRO

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to try these...
LaceCover.jpg
BTCR321336-5.jpg
741aca891aede257323bf49443853b.jpg

That fin is a thing of beauty. Now I really can't wait for it to arrive! *starts shaking* Thanks for the review and the photos, Marco. Looking forward to your videos.

I wonder if Ted has ever considered doing some sort of enclosure to mimic the vertical blade-like hydro-dynamics of the section of a dolphin's tail right in front of the flukes. Seems like it might be hard to do elegantly--you certainly wouldn't want to create something big and bulky that you must lock your feet into--but the payoffs in reduced resistance and lateral stability (I believe) would be worthwhile if it could be done, IMO. It might even be justified to slightly overlap the feet in order to reduce width. I was watching a dolphin in a video recently, and it makes sense that everything leading up to the actually flukes should cut through the water as much as possible even as the flukes create resistance. I intend to try it myself using sheet EPDM when I get the chance. Maybe just a few flaps that don't form a shell until water is putting pressure on them during a stroke, and then easily push out of the way when you go to remove your feet from the shoes...
You are sort of describing the "shell" of a Dolfin Orca fin.

Hello,
the idea of covering our body more streamlined make sense.
But don`t let us forget where we have to put something on.
I made something just quick and dirty, to show where i think has something to be...
Of course it have to be something light and incoordination with the movement of the Flukes...maybe closed to the rear frame end coated with rubber...or what ever...
( i know this manakin makes you to bubble over with laughter...)
:)
Capture_004.png
Capture_005.png
Capture_006.png
Capture_007.png
Capture_008.png

Neat pictures shapes and colors. Maybe someday we'll be trying to swim over 30 mph instead of 3mph with all the creative efforts!
700px-Swordfish_skeleton.jpg
Perhaps some internal modifications?

I tried getting a dialogue going with Bont but they seemed, basically, to be disinterested. Hopefully, when there's a sufficient number of Lunocet Pro 2015 owners/users out there creating a good vibes about the fin that Bont might see the design of the Crono shoe as an opportunity into a new market for them. Apparently cycling's governing body had outlawed the shoes because of its specific aerodynamic design (no, don't ask me why) but may be Bont's efforts won't have been wasted if they see a market in the Lunocet.

Don't forget that increasing surface area also increases drag...

Maybe increasing FRONTAL surface area...

But for pure gliding, it's not so straight forward.

Add to it that from the shoulders down, we are undulating... It's REALLY not clear.

Having said all of that and having used the 2014 Lunocet pro... Drag isn't a significantly limiting factor and the shoes are quite slick through the water.

I'll take less drag, believe me... It's only a good thing...

And I suspect that the new / larger / double-pivot extended peduncle ALSO happens to move the flukes back / further will help the flukes "see" cleaner / less turbulent water flow over them.

It's one of the first areas of potential improvement identified when I got the Classic... But had to be verified.

MUCH more important is diver shoulder and upper back flexibility. Work on this at least 3-4x a week for dramatic gains.

I spoke to Ted yesterday and he told me that he is assembling a batch of 30 2015 Pro fins. He is much closer to getting them shipped out; I would say "soon" within the context of the overall wait-we're just about there. My wishlist of items to improve on was almost complete, too. Next part to improve on is...me. Anybody have some links to yoga exercises to improve shoulder and upper back flexibility? I am a chiropractor, so I know more than most about it-but I need a personal program of yoga-type stretches to improve this area. I've spent too much time on road bicycles and motorcycles and my upper back tends to tighten back up!

Reactions: Fredd and Ichthys
Is the ebay auction for Lunocet fins anybody on here? If so...the description/pix for the 2014 are combination of three different fins!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, neurodoc. That sounds about right. Good to hear they're coming together. Unless I miss my guess, with my order only placed in July, I won't be seeing a fin until somewhere in the next few batches.

Once a production mode is achieved with no additional changes required, I'm sure that Ted is capable of putting out some good numbers of fins. What he is trying to avoid is putting out fins that aren't as good as they could have been (2014 Pro spring weakness is really the only example). Once he is assured that the fin is right...production will assure much faster time between ordering and shipping. Along with that, I'm sure, will be availability of spare parts should they be needed. I've swapped and juggled parts between two versions of the Lunocet already and love its versatility.

Ni Neurodoc.

Must it be Yoga exercises, or can it be another brand? ;)

What works for me in the pool is: back crawl, 100m from slow to fast, with long and deep arm strokes.
Also: swim monofin style on your back on the surface and carry a 2 lb weight in you hands over your head.

Yoga stuff:
- rolling on your back on a mat
- laying an rolling over a soccer ball
- on the knees, hands on the back of a chair, exhale and hang through.
- standing, hand on a wall and stretching the shoulders by rotating the body and chest from that wall.
- standing, lock hands behind the back, rotate locked hands backwards so thumbs point towards the back, inhale, lift the arms and locked hands up behind the back, and feel the stretch in the shoulders and chest.
- the elephant nose stretch.
- laying down, arms wide, and bringing up 1 leg and let it go over the other to use it's weight to have a rotating stretch for the back and chest, as you keep those level.
- cat and dog backs.
- sun salutation.

With a helper you have someone put a localised pressure on parts of your back, as you inhale and exhale this will greatly help to increase inter rib and chest flexibility. Great stuff for deep diving.

These are things on top of my head, ask if they do not make sense.

I haven't found 1 super exercise for my upper back specifically, but for that specific part I think the yoga ball may be the best I know of.
Furthermore I found shoulder flexibility and more strength to rotate the hips in as well as technique and timing of the essence of having a reasonably good monofin stroke :)

Kars-thanks for the great list! that is exactly what I was looking for-and no, yoga or other brands is fine :) Monofin on back with weight overhead-yes, I could see that but had never thought to try it. I will do it! But, what is the elephant nose stretch? got me on that one!

Elephant nose is the shoulder stretch where you stand, put a horizontally stretched arm in a 90 degree bent up arm, and then pull the bent arm around to stretch the shoulder of the other arm. You'll feel the muscles between the shoulder-blade and spine of the strait arm.
In the Netherlands children mimic an elephant by doing the same, but holding their nose with their 90 degree bent arm, the outstretched arm is the elephant's nose.

Thanks Kars! Ok, I know how to do that but did not know it was called elephant's nose. Now I feel also a bit more culturally enriched :) in a cute sort of way. I can picture little kids doing that.

Photo taken of newly improved hydrodynamic posture immediately upon completion of above exercises.... Thanks for the wonderful ideas, input, and instruction!
seaglider_picture4.png

Reactions: Fredd
I'm starting to wonder whether this whole Lunocet business is an elaborate HOAX...!!!

No of times shipping promised 'in the next few days': 9
No of unanswered e-mails in the dozens!

He has received his payment up front, and keeping his 'clients' (or victims???) in limbo like that is just unacceptable.

Reactions: noa
I'm starting to wonder whether this whole Lunocet business is an elaborate HOAX...!!!

No of times shipping promised 'in the next few days': 9
No of unanswered e-mails in the dozens!

He has received his payment up front, and keeping his 'clients' (or victims???) in limbo like that is just unacceptable.

Hello Kervyn,

Although I'm sure you're frustrated by the wait, I'm not convinced that airing your thoughts this way is all that helpful. From my own experiences, of trying to deliver unique, and may be revolutionary, solutions (in my case software) that when things don't go to plan because of unforeseen complexity/constraints that a patient customer is a blessing, it helps so much in moving things forward. From all I've read on this and the 'Lunocet 2014' thread it is my belief that we are not being 'taken for a ride' and I believe that my patients will soon be rewarded.

Regards

Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT