• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fin Lineup - Any Questions?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Does any one have tried to fix up C4's Fins?

Friend of mine sold his C4 fo 50 Euros...

but one is broken!!!

Reactions: stevevidar
C4 Rails

Hi Jon,

All things considered, most of the fiber blades seem to use glued on rubber rails for the pockets while the C4's just have a strip of carbon bonded on each side. One way or another they don't sacrifice the structural integrity of the fins, you could even take them off and substitute them for a rubber rail but I noticed that all the C4 blades we get have the rail bonded on firmly.
Rubber or carbon they all serve the same purpose but I personally like the carbon rails better since it's a nicer touch.

When you get the 30's I'll send you'll have to glue them in but I might just send complete fins already glued.
Mark

Thanks Mark,

I use a size 42-44.:D

About the rails. Mine looked like those pictured when I first got them, but they had some seperation under the mid section. Eventually the sepration got greater and I glued them.

Last year Jyri, from Specialfins, sent me some rubber railing to glue onto them when I bought my monofin from him. I haven't choose to do that yet because it would mean cutting off the old carbon rails first, before I could glue on the new rubber rails. I have no problem gluing and sealing blades, but I just didn't have it in me to take an exacto knife to my C4's.;)

Now that I know that they all need to be glued in that answers a big question for me. Now that I have my 40's set in a pair of pockets that I like, they will stay that way from now on. :cool:

Jon

OMER Carbons

Just saw the omer carbon fins in the shop today. Don't exactly know which model is. It was green, with some milimetric measurements writing on it. It has resonable price tag for blades. Any experiance with those fins???? Seems fragile to me but never had experianced with these kind of gear...Good as C4?

Hi guys...

Made some resarch about C4 and confused about the models. Need help here...

As far as i understand they are four different stiffnes models etc..

C4 25, 30, 40 and 80 (longer softer) but then i found out that some blades are falcon model some are not... Some produced before 2002. So, how many types of blades C4 has? What are the differences, performance, durability, price????

Yes i know 25-30-40-80 is the stiffness but wondering about the models. Are they all falcon? are there C4 blades other than falcon? They produced new generation of blades in 2002, probably they are falcons others not:confused:

as far as I can remenber, new blades are the one with the big carbon grid. Before this date, the carbon was not the same the grid was smaller, a bit the same as the one used to make gun barrel.

Looking on the site, it seems that the model FALCON is now the only blade... I do not know...

Hi Murat,

The Omer carbons were the millenium carbons which went out of production a few years back. They were OK. Nothing wrong with them that I was aware of.

C4s - There was and still is a 25, 30, 40 Falcon range. These 'supposedly' are the depths to which you should use them. This is of course drivel as it is merely dependent on your preferences and your build and your lung size and suit thickness etc.

The 80 is supposedly the same stiffness as the 25. You don't see many of these fins anymore because many people consider them unmanourverable for fun diving and too soft for deep diving unless you are light and/or have small lungs or are diving with no suit. They look cool, and I would love a pair, but in the grand scheme of things I know that they wouldn't be that useful for my kind of diving.

The other fins which you speak about - most are still falcons, it is just that the 'falcon' name gets dropped quite a lot. They also made a fin called a velox or volaire or someting like that (and I never knew why it was different)

They also made all sorts of different blade designs before they got to the present stage of design, which has been pretty much the same now for over 5 years.

If I was rich, I would use C4s for spearfishing. However, I am not, but live in hope. I have pair of Mtechnics which are very similar, and I reserve them for deep diving and non-reef diving actvities where the likelihood of me smashing them against rocks is considerably reduced.

Ben

Last edited:
where could I find ay information about Mtechnics fins, I do not know those fins and I need to change mine.

Sorry, I found info.

here

Last edited:
M-technics are NOT the same as the matirx fins. The M-technics are carbon fiber fins made in, I believe, Greece.

I have seen them, and tried them on for about two minutes but the foot pockets were way too small and hurt my feet. They look like nice fins, but pretty hard to come by where I live.

Jon

YES, I' have found them

Sounds really good and cheaper than C4...
Have to say, that I don't understand a word from their web site, it is swedish...that's a shame, anyway I wrote to them about some info, I will share it as soon as I got an answer.

Also with C4, I'm quite disppointed as , here in France, price is quite different from the US it's unbelievable, around 180 Euros for The 2 blades, when I'm looking on all US web site, prices are...well, let's say, really expensive.

I don't know if you can't save price buying the pales directly to the manufacturer. Does Someone have try??

et voila!!!

Last edited:
OK, here is the M-Technic Carbon Fins manufacturer, in Athens,

M-TECHNIC:
3, Psiloreitou Str., Ilioupoli,

Tel.: 01/9253110, 9709547

Can't find any Email...

What about a good open heel fin for people that need to wear heavy booties?

Originally posted by MikeG
What about a good open heel fin for people that need to wear heavy booties?

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. Wait for Sven to come around. He's probably the most experienced with open-heel freediving fins on account of his freakishly large feets.

Ted

What size foot do you have Mike?

We wear 6mm wetsuit socks in our full-foot fins for freediving under the ice. They work great, but If I tried to fit a boot, one with a walking sole on it, into my fins they would never fit. They make full foot pockets up to around size 13.

For a purely openheeled fin you can look at Esclapez or Sporasub.

Jon

Has anyone done a head to head between C4 and Specialfins Hybrid Pro or Kelpie/Bluewater yet? I tried a few different fins in the pool recently and don't really think pool work gives as good a view as depth work other than which fins are easier to push, softer being easier, of course. I'm getting about 12 stroke cycles per 25m on everything from plastic to carbon, for instance. In the ocean I have preferences commensurate with the situation, and I'm primarily interested in spearfishing up to about 60' so far. Anyone interested in an East Coast USA freedive-appolooza type thing? Done lurking...jumping in.
Mark

Reactions: stevevidar
I'm sure there is a review of the stereo pro on this topic but I can't find it, argh! If someone knows where it is could you please post it again (copy it) thnx

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT