• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers: Narcisistic Selfish Insidelooking angry people?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
***Warning, this post is filled to the brim with sarcasm, because I feel like making fun of the Dive Girl guy***

rofl You have to question the perspective of a male journalist when the link says "Dive Girl". Here's what I read from the article: he went to a dive center and tried to pick up on some chick who sounds very, very shallow (no wonder the divers weren't interested - they strive for depth!). She wasn't interested in the journalist. Therefore, he began to dress in the skimpiest of bathing suits to attract her attention.

(I'm going to stop now, before I get worse)

You say that like its a bad thing! rofl rofl

Ok Sara, you inspire me to write Part 2 of my sarcastic Dive Girl Guy review :D

You know that the dive centre honey told Dive Girl Guy that he "wasn't her type", but given his reaction to the fit and athetic freedivers (they are obviously gay :confused:) one can conclude that he spent more time acquiring scuba kit than paying attention to personal fitness, or he is compensating for something by toting around lots of "macho" scuba gear.

Either would become obvious once he started sporting the skimpy bathing suit :D

People doing freediving aren't better than worst than other people in other sports or any other part of the life either. I believe that there's no sport, work, religion etc what would make you "better person" automatically. However certain circumstances, ecpecially those, where one is under pressure or stress might bring out the sides of personality, that aren't that nice. I have had this kinds of experiences too in freediving and other sports, so I think I know what PoseidonSv means. I also think that if someone has a bad day once or a while it doesn't mean he or she is a bad person all the time. Ofcourse there are exceptions too. I recommend that if you meet this kinds of "patolocigal personalities" just stay away from them; you can't change them, they only make you feel bad.

However I think freediving is a sport which gives you a possibilty to learn about yourself a lot. Maybe it would be better to look at your self and think how do you react in a different situations and always try to remember that if you have done nothing bad to a person who is acting badly towards you, it's not your problem.

Being good freediver/apneist requires great amount of self-control, dedication, hard work, absolute concentration, etc. (same goes for scientist and other experts)

Sloppy fellas who don't (can't) understand this, changes it with egocentrism and impotency.
(I just can't imagine myself prepearing for The Dive and thinking of that sexy juicy male meat standing next to me. That kinnda things are speared for the evening ;) )

Not many freedivers really do it for the love of water and diving and the feeling only but they do it for the kicks of achiving and getting the high.
The harder you work for something the better you feel when you achieve it. Hard exams, sport achievements or buying a new car ;) all the same.
Freedivers who compet always like to see themselves as a big happy family with a open friendly atmosphere, but really, is it really like this?
When there's a lot of people, a few of themare always nasty. Why would freedivers be any different?

I do it for myself and myself only. It is a big "psycho game", like marathon. I like to know where my limits are because only then I can use all (or most of) my potentials - at the university, at work and everywhere.

Last edited:
That kinnda things are speared for the evening ;) )

I don;t usually spear women Drejcha whether in the evening or morning. But then again I,m not really a spearo !!!

( I know what you mean really dont take any offense just a funny typo)

I don;t usually spear women Drejcha whether in the evening or morning. But then again I,m not really a spearo !!!

( I know what you mean really dont take any offense just a funny typo)
my english is bad... what is offense? ;)
I don't take that :p

too bad sex and diving don't go together :p it would probably be the best thing in the world :blackeye

I approve of this thread-jacking. Freudian slips and all, even my own.

Crazy thread, entertaining to say the least!
Funny tho that thread-starter Poseidon disappeared, what with all the good responses going down!
P, if you're still following this, you seem based in Sweden, come to Nordic Deep next year and see how loving, caring, salt-blooded (and humble we are :) )
But I'm interested to know- WHY DO YOU DO IT?
Apparently not for the friends, hey? ;)

We all have our reasons, man, and hey, figure out your own, stick to them and don't judge another's...
and if you come across someone you don't like, it's a big ocean!

PS. Great hijacking, guys!

Reactions: island_sands
this image matches the coolness of this thread

SA_image_070910_1m.jpg

Reactions: BennyB
We all have our reasons, man, and hey, figure out your own, stick to them and don't judge another's...
and if you come across someone you don't like, it's a big ocean!
It is sad enough this has to be said even among freedivers (not here but in general...)
How can we expect to be "understood"? From aspect of someone who did never put his head under water?

How can we expect to be "understood"? From aspect of someone who did never put his head under water?

Ahhh, well said, but do we WANT them to understand? We all come to our way of looking within, through a billion different paths, or we don't.
Cheers,
Erik

Ahhh, well said, but do we WANT them to understand? We all come to our way of looking within, through a billion different paths, or we don't.
Cheers,
Erik
OK, maybe understanding is not the best exspression. Let's say tolerated.
I think we all want that...
Who wants to be "out of his mind, looking for trouble, crazy, suicidal..."?
They say the same for free climbers and other "unusual" sports, so I guess I don't care so much (any more) but "you should die some day there in the sea" sure is not a nicest thing to hear.

Live and let die.

For me it is a fact - someone who does not feel it, can never understand. Not after hundreds of dives...

True enough Andreja, I just bring up a point to think on.
Peace

this image matches the coolness of this thread

SA_image_070910_1m.jpg

It’s all getting a bit deep of thought so lets get back to some bread and butter stuff-
Drunkinbda she’s a beauty, sleek, sexy and look at the length of all 5 of her barrels, a stunner indeed.:inlove:inlove
Oh and I guess the chick ain’t to bad either…:)roflrofl:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT