• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News from the 2005 AIDA Pool?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Natalia is on incredible form - i have no doubt she's capable of 80m+ in CW. i'm sure Alex must be around that level too, or soon will be.

what about the men in DNF?

I got also mens results.
check www.freedivingfinland.net
These are got from Jome by phone, results are by his eys, not official. I don't know others, except Jome said Tanya Streeter did unofficially, some kind out of comp 118 meters in dnf.

well done Stig! 162m is outstanding. i guessed he would do 160m. but i guessed he would come second after Tom.

WOW! impressive stuff....

sooooo excited... packing for Nice right now : )

Sam

So, how many points so far?
I think I have 20, not very good :(

well done to everyone especialy Natalia with 3 word records !!

Was DNF in a 25m pool or 50m pool? I assume the same 50m as DYF. DNF in a 50m is way harder, and I think the old world record was 134m by Herbert Nitsch (in a 50m pool).

DNF was in the 50m pool. I think the last record from Tom 175m was also done in a 50m pool in Greece.

Tom hold on the edge of the pool that was not aloved. There was an additional line at the pool edge but Tom didn't see it underwater and went under it right to the edge.

The video of Tom's 175m that I saw was in a 25m pool...

Still, that makes Stig's 162m even more impressive.

Paweł Strugała made 146m in final of DNF. Unfortunately, while he appeared and was removing glasses he sank his face (mouth). 2nd place has gone out. Possibly next time it will be better.

Greetings for all freedivers.

Are all of the final results of the DNF posted anywhere? I can only find the top three and the qualifying results.

Peace,
Glen

Everywhere I searched and I has not found. Wolle and Alexey - who knows how much meters they swam exactly? I need it for message in magazine.

efattah said:
The video of Tom's 175m that I saw was in a 25m pool...

Still, that makes Stig's 162m even more impressive.

Yes ur right it was a 25m pool. And Stig was impressive the whole competition. It was avesome.

i would be interested to know which (if any) of the top 3 in each event had sambas. does anyone know? overall, were there more sambas than usual? were any of the WRs done with a samba?

If my memory serves me correct, Natalia Molchanova looked very fresh on each of the records.

With Stig, it's hard to say, because his surface protocol is peculiar to say the least...I'm not sure about Tom in the 208...It looked like he had problems with the protocol (forgetting to take the goggles off etc), but I only saw it from a distance...But it looked like he came very close to his limit. Someone said that Sam Still had a small samba in qualifying, but I didn't see his performance...

A lot of performances that would have been DQd by the old rules were accepted, but I didn't see any "almost dead" sambas accepted: usually a person with such heavy samba would dip their head in water and be thus DQd as a blackout.

There were a couple of nasty BOs where the safety diver reacted very late and in one case was such a small framed woman that she was unable to keep the big male diver on the surface. I think the reason for this is that the judges have to give the athlete more time to "try" before interviening, or there will be a protest which basically has to be accepted.

The new rules are, in my opinnion, a step in the right direction, but could use some finetuning, like we previously endlessly discussed...In my opinnion, the protocol should be stricter, something that is impossible to complete with visible samba but robust enough that it can be reliably judged.

Last edited:
One more thing about rules. In this competition, the protocol was judged as:
"you can say or do pretty much anything in any order as long as the things mentioned in the protocol come in the right order at least once during the 20 seconds".

So for example giving an ok-sign and saying "I'm ok" simultaneously would be ok, if you would repeat it again and do it non-simultaneously. Or you could say "f you" to the judge first, and then remove equipment, show ok and say "I'm ok", as long as it's withing 20 seconds.

I don't know what Stig's philosophy is, but it looked like he more or less relied on luck, repeating each of the steps of the protocol as many times and in as many compbinations as humanly possible within 20 seconds and somewhere along the way got one sequence right :)

jome said:
I don't know what Stig's philosophy is, but it looked like he more or less relied on luck, repeating each of the steps of the protocol as many times and in as many compbinations as humanly possible within 20 seconds and somewhere along the way got one sequence right :)

This was funny to see rofl . He was just giving ok signs and saying Ok IM OK OK OK and always smiling. I think the whole Swedish team did that also. I too saw Stig and i think he was at least close to a samba in the finals. As for Tom in DYN finals, he was shaking quite a bit. All the WR from Natalia where done perfectly clean. I didn't see any signs of samba at Sams qualifiing and i was like 2m away.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT