• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News from the 2005 AIDA Pool?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Congratulations everyone, great results, top performances.

Delighted for Sam and Anne Marie both for their UK records!!!

See you all in Nice.
Laura Storm
xx

Jorg finaly finished his work and passed over the connection.

So other results:
Sam Still 8:14
Timo Kinnunen 7:17 (not sure i saw 7:50)
Wolfram Neugebaur 7:07

Natalia Molchanova 7:16
Veronica Dittes 7:00 (1 pennalty point for late start)
Johanna Nordblad 6:45

You can BO and continue !!! that sounds crazy !!!
I think what must have happened to Tom Sietas in the qualifying round was that after he lost the air he immediately signaled he was okay. That should be the only way the safety and officials would have let him continue. What SanSan typed might have just been a figure of speech. No one watching it would really know what happened other than that Tom let a few liters of air go and then he signaled he was ok. Tom might not even know himself. It probably all happened in a few seconds. Contraction, hiccup, 2-second BO who knows, except maybe Tom? But I assume it was the signaling he was okay that made it all right for him to continue.

To bad he wasn’t in the final and congratulations to Natalia Molchanova for another women’s world record. Congrats to everyone else too. The women are owning the world records in this event so far.
don

Wow, the women are kicking ass! All top three women were over the previous world record.

Does anyone have a list of how the top eight in both heats finished?

Too bad for Tom, but as we all know, anything can happen...

yeah, it seems that Natalia and Alexey are doing some SERIOUS training there in Russia! can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! i think the constant weight competition will be even better. does anyone know if there is a qualifying section for that competition too, with 8 in the final?

I was right Timo did 7.53

The list will follow the moment i get my hands on it

peter p was already saying to look out for alex. both him and natalia were already doing some serious training dives in dahab some weeks ago. also both of them did the arch cw.

congratulations to both and all the best for the cw event.

r.

Amazing competition with incredible results. I was more anxious while watching the final heats then when i did my own performances.
I specially liked Natalia of course with her massive static. Never saw anybody get that blue (and cold after i shook her hand) before. Respect !
Also special mention to Timo who took of his pants in the middle of the static !!!!!!! :duh :duh :duh
His coach helped him a bit which almost got him disqualified but was overturned by a quick protest.
So aparantly some people are so good nowadays they can take of their wetsuit and still do almost 8 minutes while others just do 6 min on almost empty lungs and 18 year old boys do 199 meters dynamics. What the hell am i doing in this sport. It's out of control ;-)

Anyway lets see what tomorrow brings us.... (hope the weather stays as great as today. Was a welcome change from the tsunami finals yesterday (=massive rain showers)

Incredible results, the bar has been raised forever by this competition.

I did pick Molchanova to win Static & Dynamic, and I predicted her to win CW with a WR of 80m (Bill S. told me she did an easy 76m a few weeks ago).

I predicted Timo 2nd in static with 7'42", but I found out about Veronika too late to select her!

yes, i'm beginning to think Natalia may win the CW event too. i had Mandy Rae down as #1. these are my predictions:

Attachments

• freedive-lotto.gif
    freedive-lotto.gif
    63.4 KB · Views: 199
first 8 results:
Sam Still 8:14
Timo Kinnunen 7:53
Wolfram Neugebauer 7:07
Olivier haug 6:48
Ryuzo Shinomiya 6:44
Alex Tzanerakis 6:42
Deron Verbeck 6:28
Stig Severinsen 5:03

Natalia Molchanova 7:16
Veronika dittes 7:00
Johanna Norcblad 6:06
Ruth Flores 5:00
Suzy Kensington 3:57
Lotta Ericson DQ
Christina Schon BO
Malgorzata Matkowska DQ

Hi,

I was coaching Timo and I have to say it must have been an interesting performance to watch. He was complaining that he was getting too hot, so we agreed on a sign that he can give if he wants me to peel he's pants off. Soo, at about 6 or so he starts signalling and I pull them down a bit...He signals again, stronger, so I pull more. Eventually I give a good yank and almost pull his head out of water :)

The man has nerves of steel, I got to say. He's in that "high seven" range consistenlty, and seems cursed not to pass 8 minutes (he would have but had water in the ears and didn't hear me telling that he had only 7 seconds to go). But he can always pull of the same performance, no matter what the circumstances. Can't say the same for all the athletes in this one, a lot of surprises there.

Of course I was a bit disapointed at my own performance, certainly I was expecting more and it was agonizing to be 10 sec away from the final. But I managed to improve my old competition pb so can't say it was a disaster. It was the absolute maximum for that day and in fact I did have a small samba...

If I have anything to say about it, in the next WC the results will be up in real time. It's looking promising...

What a fun day, sun was shining all day and performances were great. Can't wait for tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alun
laminar said:
Wow, the women are kicking ass! All top three women were over the previous world record.

Does anyone have a list of how the top eight in both heats finished?

Too bad for Tom, but as we all know, anything can happen...

3 ?

I counted 2 ??

And how much did Joanna Massacand ? :girlie

It makes me so sad not seeing her... :waterwork

Added two podium pictures (directly from mobile phone) www.freedivingfinland.net

It has been an interesting day, my apnea LOTTO does not seem to be good. Maybe it's time to calculate my points...
Should we all discuss rather about points, not how many succeeded/failed quesses?

Last edited:
wow this is amazing, can't believe the women's static.

Alun - the CW is slightly more normal but women dive on Saturday, men dive on Sunday. Main difference is that the shallowest will go first building up to the deepest dives. No qualifying heats as I understand it.

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT