• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News from the 2005 AIDA Pool?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Attachments

• DYNRegen.jpg
    DYNRegen.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DynDaSE.jpg
    DynDaSE.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 165
  • Lotta+regen.jpg
    Lotta+regen.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DynHeSieg.jpg
    DynHeSieg.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 175
  • tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 164
the first pictures from static:

Attachments

• static.jpg
    static.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 173
  • StaDaSE.jpg
    StaDaSE.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 181
  • StHeSE.jpg
    StHeSE.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 178
  • jap.jpg
    jap.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
static:
finale 1)natalja molchanowa 7´16 (WR)(vr5´47),
2)veronika dittes 7´00(vr6´14),
3)joanna nordblad 6´06(vr5´32) -
4)ruth flores5´00(vr5´37),
5)suzy kensington 3´57(5´36)
...christina schon 6´26 BO (vr6´07), malgorzata matkowska 5,22DISQ(vr5´23), lotta ericson 4´38DISQ (vor5´38)

finale 1) sam still 8´14(vr 8´19),
2)timo kinnunen 7´53(vr 7´09),
3)wolle neugebauer 7´07(vr 7´17),
4)oliver haug 6´48(vr 7´01),
5)ryuzo shinomiya 6´44(vr6´54),
6)alex tzanerakis 6´42(vr7´15),
7)deron verbeck 6´28(vr6´45),
8)stig severinsen 5´03(vr 6´45)

mehr bericht später, muss schlafen, morgen Dynamic ohne...

wolle

Alun said:
to help dispel any negative rumours that may begin i can tell you that his very best times are mainly down to changes in diet, which have a massive impact on metabolism. it's not rocket science. he went from 8mins to nearly 10mins in the space of a couple of weeks!
I'm shocked I'm the first person shouting that, but ELABORATE!!!!!!! :)

2 8+ statics the same day, mind boggling performence!!

Main difference is that the shallowest will go first building up to the deepest dives
What are they doing for safety this time? Don't they usually do the deep dives first for the tech safety divers for decompression reasons?
don

Amazing competition. It totally destroyed my apnealotto but its nice to see some new faces on the podium. Big congrats to Natalja and Sam Still.

I would like to know more about Tom Sietas and Lotta Ericssons performances. I had Lotta everywhere in my lotto because so many female names were new to me and Lotta was not :duh

I hope to read Sebastian Murats name on the reports from the DNF tomorrow. That would be interesting.

Peace

i'm sure Sam can elaborate in more detail himself when he gets online, but basically he spent about 6 months in India, and during that time he tried fasting as a yoga exercise. during the fast he discovered that his static times improved... a lot! it's well known that fasting will reduce your metabolic rate so it's not that surprising. fasting for a number of days (7+) should improve your static times significantly, but not in every case it would seem.... Eric told me that he recently tried fasting but with no real improvement in his static performance. perhaps his fast wasn't long enough to push down his metabolism beyond some threshold or maybe there are other factors coming into play.

obviously fasting isn't something you can keep up for long and there must come a point of diminishing returns. i don't recommend that anyone tries this unless you really know what you're doing! i've never tried it myself - depriving myself of food for days on end is not my idea of fun. :)

to me there appears to be a "barrier" around 8.30 which is very difficult to cross unless you are able to really reduce to metabolism dramatically in some way. i don't know anything about Tom's techniques/preparation. it would be great if he shared some of his ideas with us on DB sometime. i feel pretty sure that it must possible to maintain a "lifestyle" (i.e. diet, eating pattern, exercise etc) that can significantly reduce your metabolism *and* is sustainable over the long term.

www.shark.nu I just updated the gallery with the pictures of the result lists of static and dynamic with fins. You can also find the start times for today dynamic without fins. Also some other pictures from day 2 and 3. Maybe later some video's over there as well.

28 min untill official top... have to go to work!

(these are not official results, just my personal estimates. It's very hard compiling them since the annoucer only mentions random names with a very thick accent). Sorry for mispelling some names...

Here's how I count it...Not official, let's see if I beat the official results :) There may be a few meters margin of error, so the last finals spots are estimates...

1. Sandra Piovanicci ~108
2. Natalia Molchanova ~93
3. Renate De Bruyn 93
4. Brigitte panegas ~93
5. Yamina Enedahl-Mekki ~90
6. Johanna Nordblad ~90
7. Joanna Massacard ~80
8. Aniko ~80
Katja Kedenburg ~75

Päivi Mettovaara ~70

1. Pavel Strugala ~140
2. Stig Severinsen 130+
3. Panos Lianos 126
4. Wolfram Neugenbauer ~125
5. Mitja Štampfer 125
6. Alexei Molchanov 124
7. William Winram 110
8. Cristian Something 110
Kars Van Kouven ~110
Peter Colat 109
Sebastian Näslund 108

Glen Venghaus 105

François Bujard 100+
Sam Still 100
Jura Darc 100
Luka Bengov 100
George Georgias ~100
Junko Kitahama 85
Michael asp ~ 85
Roland van den akker ~85

Timo Kinnunen 75
Robert Knapp 100dq
Tom Sietas ~127 red card (for touching the wall, propably protest)
Morgan Bourch'is 110 bo
Robert Lauper ~62
Sofus Kreutzmann 82
Deron Verbek ~62

Kosuke Okamoto ~65

More after the break (I didn't have time to check if someone already posted results)

(cont.)

That's it for qualifying...

Last edited:
Tom didn't know he's not aloved to touch the wall. He swam under the line and grabed the pool edge. I don't think he'll even protest and im sure there's no was they will recognize his performance. Too bad. The second mistake. I talked to him later on and he was realy sad because he didn't know, but they said it on the breafing...

Stig said he's going for 200m later in the finals.

Jome I have the same estimates but some of ur names are wrong:
Jure Daić 100 and
Luka Pengov did 101m

it really doestn matter but ther are from my team :). And so is Mitja Štampfer who really did amazing today..

It has been a great comp and the new rules along with fact that it is an individual competition mean that the athletes are really pushing.
They do not have to worry about letting down their team mates or having a little shiver at the end of their performance. Personally, I can see the new rules being revised soon. Maybe giving only 15 secs to complete the surface protocol and only having one attempt at the protocol. Many athletes had trained to the new rules and really pushed and many did not train to the new rules. Lots were tripping up on the protocol and then correcting themselves or finishing their shakes and then doing the protocol. The amount of shaking that produces a BO has been very consistant and the judges are concentrating on head shakes and relaxing of the neck muscles rather than looking for a twitching eye brow.
One other point is that the new coaching rules says that if you have your own coach you do not need to be tapped in Static unless the judge believes that you have lost consciousness. Many athletes had no taps and at first some of the judges seeemed unaware of this rule change and were asking for taps at 1 minute before the announced performance.

Last edited:
can someone explain what Tom did wrong? i don't quite understand. sorry for being a numbskull.

congratulations to Sebastian Naslund for yet another DWF PB!

there's no mention of Herbert Nitsch - did he not turn up?

Alun said:
i'm sure Sam can elaborate in more detail himself when he gets online

I was tempted do a mini-elaborate. Mainly because I am SO proud of my brother. :) But I'll let him do it. :duh

What I will say is that he's an absolute inspiration.
And it's made a difference to me as well.

Mega proud. :friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT