• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Wales Club

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Did you make it down the ship after? I went down but my phone signal is so poor down there I couldn't get on here!

Back to the spearfishing, went out on the kayak and had a good few dives, could just see the tip of the spear due to the algae in the water, I was gutted! Still managed to bag 4 very decent brown crab off the
the bottem! Also I seen 3 of the biggest jellies I have ever seen, I have a 3 man kayak so fairly long and the one was half the size of the kayak, absolute monsters haha!

Hey buddy.

Yep, made it down but only went for a swim again; Thew had to work so couldn't get out on the boat...

Couldn't see much anyway to be honest, and the beach has changed a bit after the winter, lots more rocks. Stood on a beauty getting out and ripped up all my right foot, banging!

Had a pint, but we only stayed to watch Wales get demolished in the rugby. Back up east Anglia way now, so fingers crossed for next week!

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I seen thew down there but was only with people I know so I assumed you wern't there!

Ouch I bet that didn't tickle!! Yeah it nuts how much of the sand dunes got washed away! Looks completely different! Weather looks like it's going to stay nice so hopefully you'll have some nice weather, I'll be sunning it up in the Algarve next weekend! Going for a week so I'm taking my mask and snorkel to see what it's like over there! Hopefully the water will be warmer too!

No problem, the viz would of been great if it wasn't for the algae! Do you know how long it normally takes to clear up again?

Good afternoon. I'm Tom and I'm in Pembrokeshire. Im into scuba diving and spearfishing. Is anybody interested in getting out spearfishing in the evenings this week? I'm relatively new, but safe in the water. The vis has been about 6m over the last 10 days ish in st brides bay. Same further south past angle bay. Cheers.

Hi Tom! Unfortunately Pembrokeshire is a tad far for me to travel, however I'm definately looking at heading that way this summer, so if your still on this forum by then I'll give you a shout! What have you caught down that way?

Hi. I've had bass, pollock and wrasse here, and spider crabs aplenty when they're in. I'm moving back to England in about ten days, so I'm eager to spend as much time out as possible.

Awesome sounds good! That's gutting, will you be back in the summer or are you moving for good?

I would love to, but I am sat in a hotel 250 miles from Swansea, so don't think I'd get back in time. Boooo!

--
Jeff

I've just got back home from an hour in the water. Got in at 2000, tide on the flow. As soon as I hit the first kelp bed there were pollock everywhere.Vis was about 6-8m until the light started failing. A lovely evening, my new buoy setup worked, and I couldn't be happier. Although I couldn't hit a cows wotsit with a banjo!

Reactions: ashbish
Ash, not sure when the bloom will disappear! I guess not more than 1 month, so probably end of June will be fine!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Good evening guys,

I'm only just getting started with the spearfishing, and thought I would see if there's anyone else around that would allow me to tag with them over the coming months, teach me the ropes etc? I'm proficient and confident in the water - it's the fishing element which is new! I live just outside Cardiff, but since I work away, my time is my own, so for anyone else that's got free time and looking for a buddy then it could work well.

Didn't get out last weekend sorry Marco, so nothing to report. We went to the Gower brewery beer festival instead... :)

Working from home next week, then off for a bit during July so hoping to get out most days. Will be sure to post a report.

@submarine - Currently working away, but meant to start on a new account in Cardiff very soon. I have zero experience, but happy to get together if you're around over the summer pal. I'll PM you my mobile number when I'm back home.

--
Jeff

Went to check condition in gower after work! Horrible! Less than 1 m!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT