• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your static PB?

• 0:00-1:00

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 1:00-2:00

Votes: 32 5.2%
  • 2:00-3:00

Votes: 96 15.6%
  • 3:00-4:00

Votes: 136 22.1%
  • 4:00-5:00

Votes: 164 26.7%
  • 5:00-6:00

Votes: 121 19.7%
  • 6:00-7:00

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • 7:00+

Votes: 20 3.3%

• Total voters
Thanks Erik for replying to the other questions. But, I have another question!:eek:

What is 'packing'?

You guys have inspired me; I've started trying statics. I've improved; I've done attempts; the first was 1:15, then 1:34, then 1:58, then 2:20. Not much compared to the veterans, but it's getting better, and I'm proud of it. :D

Hey I know the answer to this one!! :) And don't be ashamed at 2 mins mate, took me forever to get there, and then about a month to 3:30 :)

Packing is where you take a max breath, and then suck more air in, overpressurising your lungs. You'll see all these numbers around here like 'Lung Volume 8L, 10.5L full packing', that just means they can add an extra 2.5L of air over their maximum breathe in.

Speeddiving

Eric Fattah:
The fastest deep constant weight dive I have heard of is Pipin Ferreras' 60m in 1'21, using sporasub pure carbon bi-fins

Wow, that's even quicker than I go with a monofin. I did the -60m at the Pacific Cup in 1'26'' without a wetsuit. This dive was timed by one of my teammates.

In a lake in Germany I did a -55m dive in 1'12'' but that is only the time the Mares Apneist freediving computer meassured. The real time for that dive I think was about 1'15'' because this computer does not start the divetime before being at -2m. I did that dive with a 5mm-suit and without any weights.

At those speeds I kick for the whole dive except at the end to avoid jumping out of the water like some dolphin. It's like doing a vertical dynamic dive. I don't know if it's good or bad to dive that fast. Next season I will try if it works too when I dive slower.

When did Pipin do this fast -60m dive?

-maxdream

New Static PB

My new personal best is 2:34, up from my 2:20 yesterday.

Yay:D

Pipin's Constant Weight

Pipin was training to do a constant ballast personal best, which was supposed to happen at the same time as Audrey's record (i.e. October). He was aiming for 80m with bifins (personal goal to equalize Pelizzari's old record), but in his progress reports he said he reached 76m with bifins with a samba. He also said he went over 80m with a mono. During this training he did the 60m in 1'21.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

I was wondering what happened to this announced -80m constant weight dive of Pipin. The anouncement suddenly disappeared from his homepage without further notice. I just took it for a PR-gag then because -80m is really deep for constant weight. But it's good to hear that Pipin has not limited himself to no limits.

In the Ocean Men IMAX movie it's mentioned that Pipin can hold his breath for 8 minutes. Do you have any reports that Pipin is among the 8'+ people?

When did Ravelo do his ultimate static time of 8'25''?
I haven't heard anything about him since his constant weight world record was broken by Umberto. Do you know if he is still freediving and training?

-maxdream

Pipin & Ravelo

I know that Pipin had claimed an 8'00 dry static. In the ocean men TV movie, it says that both Pipin and Pelizzari can hold their breath for 'over 7 minutes.' Last I heard Pelizzari recently hit 7'58.

I think it was in late '99 when Ravelo was training for some records. He was planning a 150m no-limits record (I think the record at the time was 137m). Sponsorship didn't work out. That was when he hit 8'25, and he also (according to Rudi) did something even more amazing: a 3'00 static followed by a 125m dynamic! Rudi said that Ravelo's pb in constant weight was 81.5m in 3'35, back in 1995, when the record was something like 70m! His problem was that he would always dive too heavy, sinking at 15m, and spending a huge amount of effort during the early ascent.

More recently I heard that Ravelo had registered for 2001 F.R.E.E. World Championship, but the competition never happened. I think he is still spearfishing though. Rudi also said that he once watched over Ravelo on a deep spearfishing dive where Ravelo shot a 200lb+ grouper from 20 feet away at 53m / 175ft, using a pneumatic speargun.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

amazing

hi

Ravelo spearfishing at 175ft that is amazing. The deepest spearfisherman I heard of before this was world champion Alberto March who spearfishes in excess of 150ft. Please Eric tell us more about this amazing person.

cheers

Reactions: Erik
Re: Pipin & Ravelo

Originally posted by efattah
His problem was that he would always dive too heavy, sinking at 15m, and spending a huge amount of effort during the early ascent.

Yes, I saw a video of his -75m (or -76m ?) record dive. He was sinking like a stone during the entire descent. (and had a a biiig samba on surface).
But, this new info on him... amazing!

Reactions: donmoore
Re: Pipin & Ravelo

[ Rudi also said that he once watched over Ravelo on a deep spearfishing dive where Ravelo shot a 200lb+ grouper from 20 feet away at 53m / 175ft, using a pneumatic speargun.

Thats quite an accompilshment...I'd like to know what model pnuemo has that kind of effective range...especially at that depth...especially on that fish...hhmmmm:confused:

Maybe it was that CANNON that Iya posted a while back!
I wouldn't want to fight that fish all the way back up.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

freak

hi

This guy Ravelo obvisouly has freakish abilities to be spearfishing at 175ft. Imagine his bottom time at a normal depth lets say 20m.

Cheers

Erik...there is a big difference between IYA's powered up band gun and a pnuematic gun at depth...somethings not right. The depth in itself is highly amazing however.

questions for the Pernett Brothers

Hi,

I am very impressed with the results Karl has achieved in static.

When you talk about ventilation time do you mean the complete recovering time before another apnea or is it just the time you are breathing more intensely than normal to prepare for the next dive (hyperventilation)?

If it is the total recovering time before another apnea then I think it's very fast to recover from a 7'30'' dive for only 2' to do a 7'50'' right afterwards.

How often do you train?
How long is the total time of your training session?
How stable are your 8' dives? Are you able to do 8' every training session?
Do you always train without a wetsuit?

-maxdream

Translation

Hi Max,
I will translate the questions to my brother to get a first hand answer.

Translation

"I made 3 minutes interval between apneas

This is my routins:

Walk 15 mins. from home to the pool. Take off my clothes and start the warming up:

1 min 30 scs of ventilation and 2 min 30 sec (at least...but sometimes 3')

1 min 30 sec of ventilation and 3min 30 sec (at least...but sometimes 4')

Thats the 10 mins. of warming up

Start static without packing this way:

3 mins. of ventilation, and apnea:

At least 5 min 30 sec

3 mins. ventilation

At least 6 min 30 sec of apnea

3 mins. ventilation

at least 7', at this moment I know I'm able to make 7'30"

Sometimes I try to start with a higher time, that mean try to make 7' from the beginning, but that depends on the day.

After this I started the packing, for 3 minutes y pack every 25 secs. for adaptation and start with 7' or more in the next two I don't make the "packing warm up"
All my respiration is moving out my belly, always breathe using the diafragm. The ventilation cycle sometimes goes beyond 24 for min., but sometimes just make 12...that depends on how I feel, you can change the cycle ventilation but don't the target for that day.

When I start the training is daily,when I'm preparing for a goal. There was an ocassion when I made 2 weeks of 3 statics a day, with 4 mins. interval, without packing , and I keep my level. So you can sustain your level.
In my last training (for the nationals) I made all my statics over 7 min 50 sec, but in the last 2 I made it over 8', I stopped there because I get really anxious. Every has to train his own ritual.
Not always I train without wetsuit, I train without it to make it hard and get better concentration, but sometimes I have to use it.

My training last 2-3 hours, at the end I made some exercises"

That's all the translation

Re: Translation

Originally posted by fpernett

In my last training (for the nationals) I made all my statics over 7 min 50 sec, but in the last 2 I made it over 8', I stopped there because I get really anxious.

!!!
?Do you know what is the world record in static?

Correction

My last post was a translation of my brother's words.
Yes, He knows what is the world record

I have a new pb - several days after my 2:34, I reached 2:43, 2:48, and my latest: 3:00. :D

Not too bad, I think, to go from 1:15 to 3:00 in about 2 weeks.

So what is the world record in static?

Exhale PB's:

Full exhale (0ft): 2'50

I was looking at this thread to see what people do exhaled. I only found this single time.

Myself, I am an absolute beginner (training since end of October). My PBs are 3:10 and 1:47 exhaled.

I like the latter better, they don't get boring;-)

pi

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT