• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your static PB?

• 0:00-1:00

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 1:00-2:00

Votes: 32 5.2%
  • 2:00-3:00

Votes: 96 15.6%
  • 3:00-4:00

Votes: 136 22.1%
  • 4:00-5:00

Votes: 164 26.7%
  • 5:00-6:00

Votes: 121 19.7%
  • 6:00-7:00

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • 7:00+

Votes: 20 3.3%

• Total voters
cheers erik

i'm doing this static routine, and when not working in scuba (fortunately not too much recently), i try to be consistant with it.
main emphasis right now is pushing contractions until signs of bo occur. that's what i call hard work these days. but anyway right now i enjoy it.
my cw diving is gradually improving also which is nice, and there are still many things to see in the red sea.

is anybody on the forum planing on doing a static that starts in 2002 and ends in 2003? probably not.

anyhow...

enjoy bali and the diving

see ya

roland

Reactions: donmoore
hi frank

make sure you are near a place where they shoot some fireworks cause it looks wicked when under water, too.

roland
:cool:

Reactions: fpernett
Sadly

Sadly,
It's just a good idea, but I'm so far from the sea that sometimes I think about it, as a dream.
I'll make that dive in my mind.

I had a new pb of 3:07 today.

I haven't trained since my other pb of 3:00, so I'm pretty happy.

I'd like to try wet statics sometime, but I haven't seen too many freedivers around here. My dive shop is all scuba.

Does it make much of a difference?:)

Does for some, not for others... for me it's a big difference, in favour of wet statics... guess it's all how comfortable you feel in water/lying on the lounge :)

hi Bat

Wet statics for me are way less comfortable than dry statics and as loopy said for him its the opposite. I believe its whatever you do the most, when i first did statics i did wet ones and they were always more comfortable than dry now it has changed simply because I do more dry statics than wet ones.

cheers

3:42 in a dive well at a swimming pool was the best I've ever done, and it just killed me:duh . But then again I'm only a hockey player and I'd just been doing some right nasty stuff:crutch ... hypoxia, bad for your brain

Reactions: donmoore
hi

Do you mean 3:42 whilst moving around playing hockey, impressive.

cheers

no way I was just sitting on the bottom... 3 mins while moving like in a game that's got to be impossible. 1 minute during a game would be the absolute maximum and you wouldn't be moving, just waiting

Reactions: ivan
Well, I've got a new pb to report: 3:23 up from my 3:07. :D :D :cool:

Happy me.

This was also a dry static. No contractions until 2:40, then they hit with a vengeance. By that time, I knew I could hold on for a while to beat my 3:07.

Reactions: Alun
I prefer wet statics simply because I stay longer and because the metabolic waste in dry's is huge. I get lots of headaches due to trigger points in my splenii (group of muscles in the posterior neck area). And I also find them more relaxing due to lower heart rate.

Regards, gerard.

hi

Bat congrats on the pb your progressing well:cool:. Gerard what is metabolic waste, my dry statics are usually better than wet.

cheers

Yeah, I know about those neck pains. So that's why they happen. :)

Ivan I give you a brief overview of the lactic energy system and training (anaerobic):

The sequence of energy supply in a hard effort lasting less than five minutes is as follows:

ATP is used at high rates in the first 10-15 seconds. It is primarily regenerated by the ATP-CP system which does not develop lactate as a by-product.
Simultaneously, glycolysis is activated and ATP and lactate generated. This "lactate" system cannot supply ATP as quickly as the ATP-CP system but can sustain energy supply for up to 60 seconds or possibly a little longer. Its energy supply is faster than the aerobic system when glycogen is used as fuel.
Eventually, the aerobic system is brought into play, particularly as the event approaches five minutes, and glycogen is used as fuel in the oxidative process. It is likely that very little fat is oxidized because the supply of energy from that source would be too slow for short duration events but may contribute some energy to the long-duration events.

Also frequent anaerobic training may lead to exhaustion and even overtraining as a result of muscle damage from the acidity and other metabolic waste products (mainly lactic acid, CO2, etc.). The optimal training frequency for training the lactic acid (glycolytic) system is not clear but it is agreed that prolonged periods of anaerobic training is hazardous to an athlete's health and leads to overstraining.

The maintenance of aerobic fitness during anaerobic training is a critical factor for training this range of events. At least several aerobic workouts should be inserted each week during periods of anaerobic training emphasis. It is also known that interval-type anaerobic training provides some maintenance of aerobic function, so there is no need to get carried away with aerobic maintenance training. One role of aerobic sessions during anaerobic training is that is promotes recovery from glycolytic work.

Ivan is crucial that you incorporate periods of AEROBIC TRAINING in your regime to maximise the anaerobic segment of your training.

Lap swimming is ideal for apnea.

Click here and you'll understand:

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/sleivert.html

Also to reduce muscle soreness, the best way to alleviate it after exercise is important finishing your workout with the following segments in the last part fo your training -right after your specific apnea-:

1. Swimming at 80-85% of your maximum heart rate (MHR). Around 3-4 laps.

2. Swimming at 40% of your MHR for another 7-6 laps/

3. Stretch the area you believe it'll be sore.

4. Maintain a diet high in carbs and low fat (something I'm not presently doing because I'm trimming down after a bodybuilding period, which explains partly why I get so many trigger points in the neck).

I hope my reply has been helpful.

Take care, gerard.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT