• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Individual AIDA Word Championships in France - September

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
For the men I predicted:
1. Carlos
2. Martin
3. Guillaume

However Herbert has something to say about that and I hope he makes it.

There are very few divers who have ever held 3 constant weight records. In fact Pelizzari may be the only modern one.

Carlos: WR 90m, WR 102m
Martin: WR 93m, WR 103m
Herbert: WR 86m, WR 95m
Guillaume: WR 87m, WR 96m

Tanya: WR 67m, WR 70m
Pelizzari: WR 65m, WR 67m, WR 70m, WR 72m, WR 75m, WR 80m

So if Herbert, Carlos or Guillaume make their depths, one of them will become the next modern era diver to have held 3 constant weight records.

SP = Surface Protocol, so getting a red card for SP presumably means getting the surface protocol wrong or not finishing it on time.

I don't think a lot. I asked this question to Alexei and he told me most of their deep training is done in Dahab Blue hole.
Must be relative cheap from Russia to Dahab. I always notice tons of Russians in Sharm , which is close enough. The Coral Bay resort for instance where also Umberto gives his trainings , is partly owned by Russians (and part Italian)

SP stands for Surface Protocol for when you surface after the dive, taking your mask off, giving the OK sign, saying you are Ok, keeping your airways out of the water while looking at the judges. She must have not been able to perform this to the judges satisfaction, indicating some problem, LMC or being close to blacking out.

I'm not familiar with the complete protocol but the AIDA site that Eric linked before will have that in it's documents.

Adrian

Last edited:
1.27 The Surface Protocol
1.27.1 Without any cues from the jury or the officials, the athlete must when he resurfaces:
1 - Maintain mouth and nose above the surface
2 - Remove "face equipment" (Mask, Googles and Nose-clip)
3 - Make the "OK-sign" to the judge
4 - Must say a verbal, "I’m OK" to the judge (in international competitions it has to be done in English) All of the above must be done within 20 seconds, IN THIS SPECIFIC ORDER, if the athlete does this he is OK and
if he doesn’t he is disqualified. And the judge shows the card after 30 seconds. The athlete can make more than one ok-sign, and he can say that his ok more than one time, as long there is one ok-sign after the face equipment is off and there is one verbal ok after the ok-sign.
1.28 The athlete’s nose and mouth must remain out of the water and the athletes are not allowed to touch anyone and no one is allowed to touch the athlete until that the main judge has announced to the athlete that his performance is considered as being finished, by signalling OK, at a minimum of 30 seconds after the surfacing.

Three warnings result in automatic disqualification of the athlete from the entire competition.
1.25 All blackouts detected by the jury results in disqualification of the athlete for the discipline or further penalty by decision of the jury. The jury will always ask the event’s doctor opinion before to take such decisions as a further penalty.
1.25.1 Each of the following symptoms will disqualify the performance for «Black-Out»:
- Cardiac arrest
- Respiratory arrest
- Loss of consciousness (blackout)
- Post-blackout mechanical movements
- Conscious, but with the inability to maintain the airway out of the water requiring intervention.
1.25.2 In case of any doubt concerning the mentioned symptoms, the benefit of the doubt will be given to the athlete,and his performance will be considered as valid.
1.25.3 In case of a World Record try in the depth disciplines, there have to be two judges in the water.
1.26 The competitor must not be helped or touched during his performance unless he is in difficulty. If this is the case, he is disqualified.

Quoted from vancouver apneist website:

"Unfortunately, there were two minor incidents*: Natalia Avseenko reached –66m but did a small samba when back at the surface and Mandy Rae Cruickshank had a blackout at –15m that required a doctor’s intervention and oxygene. Both women were disqualified."

tylerz said:
Quoted from vancouver apneist website:

"Unfortunately, there were two minor incidents*: Natalia Avseenko reached –66m but did a small samba when back at the surface and Mandy Rae Cruickshank had a blackout at –15m that required a doctor’s intervention and oxygene. Both women were disqualified."

this is very very sad, hope they're both ok

Sounds bad :/ Hope Mandy is ok.

The "big boys" are starting to realize performances.
The Finns seemed to all pull their APs. Timo's 86 is of course impressive, but also Jussi's 74, considering that in the start of the season he was around 50s...Antero, to my understanding, doesn't use mouthfill so 60 is pretty good...

Last edited:
Awesome results.

I think Martin didnt go for the tag at -100m. On the page sais "wait result"....

Good luck to the last 3 or 2 right now. Lets hope for the new WR.

Red card NERY!

Coste is starting now....in ~10 min we should know the new champion.

I am a little bit nervous about Herbert :/

Last edited:
Wow Carlos made it to -105m. And back of course :cool: congratulations. New WR... for now :).

Wouldnt know what happened to Guillaume but I would saj BO. Hope he's OK.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to wear out my F5 refresh key...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT