• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Individual AIDA Word Championships in France - September

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Oops, never mind...Getting too excited :) (already declared herbert a winner once).

Seems he got a red card as well :( I was really hoping he'd make it.

Carlos is the Man....Congrats and I can't wait to see the vid

Soo, depending on where Stepanek finally settles, Timo Kinnunen could be on the podium.

He seems to somehow always find his way in there with sheer consistency :)

Wow, what a competition! Gratulation to all the divers! I hope everyone is ok, who had problems.

Too bad, Herbert didn't do 107. :(
So Carlos became the 3 CW-WR man. Gratulations! :) /if Eric is right, which I suppose/

1. Carlos Coste (Ven) 105 WR
2. Timo Jattu (Den) 90
3. Timo Kinnunen (Fin) 86

Care to elaborate? I am not very familiar with AIDA SP...

*edit* never mind, I just figured he pulled on the rope wither descending or ascending... lol I am a bit slow

wow- what a competition! i've just read the results.

it would be interesting to know how close Herbert was to completing his dive, and whether he had done more than 105 in training. Mandy's BO at 15m sounds scary - one of the deepest BO i've ever heard of.

Timo Jattu's performance is impressive. i heard he only did 80m for the first time a few weeks ago! no doubt he'll join the very exclusive 100+ club next year. he would be member #6 if i am not mistaken.

In apnea lotto noone picked Mattia Malara (3rd womens) or Timo Jattu (2nd mens) for ANY position.
Those were the dark horses.

Nice and quick updating of results.
http://www.aida-worldchampionships.com/results.php
Many nice flags.

And many impressive results. Thinking of Juraj and Timo - quick progression.
Looked for news on Mandys BO on their page - but nothing yet.

I wonder if we´ll ever know how many of those White cards that contained visible LMC.

Sebastian
Sweden

I belive Herbert got wery close. He had a surface BO, didn't see it though.

The results are in deed very impressive as is Natalija Molchanova who did 4 WR in only a week. :cool:

Awesome competition! Wish I was there.
Sorry to hear about team PFI. Really bad day.

Congratulations my friend Carlos... You made it once more!!!!!!!!... that was AWESOME!!!!!

Song of the Day - Dido, Sand in My Shoes

just got back from Nice and unpacked all the stinky gear.... didn't want to come home

Once again, an amazing experience to be with people from all over the world who see each other only maybe a couple of times a year but feel like good friends (and probably are)

Well done to EVERYONE, there were tonnes of spectacular performances

Big Big MERCI to Claude, Loic and everyone who worked so hard to make it happen. We thought it was bad getting up at 5, you were already out at sea.....

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT