• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce UK Member Meet 2013!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mart, I still can’t see either of the 2 picts/video that you’ve put up?

And the winners of the prizes are:

• Overall Individual Winner - Edin Begic (octopus)
  • Team Winner - Tartan Tramps
  • Best Newcomer - Ian Smith (denian)
  • Biggest Mullet - Louis Jouault (kinglouis)
  • Biggest Bass - Mike Shearer (jerseymike)
  • Only Non-Fish Specimen - Rowan Harvey (rowan.harvey)
  • Best Dressed Between Dives - Grant Laidlaw (grantl)
  • Worst Tent Effort - Ryan Tunstal (tunny79)

And here are some pics of the winners.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.jpg
    IMG_4061.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4075.jpg
    IMG_4075.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 235
And more winner photos!

Attachments

• IMG_4079.jpg
    IMG_4079.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_4077.jpg
    IMG_4077.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4080.jpg
    IMG_4080.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4087.jpg
    IMG_4087.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 219
Many thanks to the Deeper Blue team and especially Martyn & Sarah for catering (late notice) to my special dietary requirements. A great weekend. Cheers.

Reactions: Sarnian
Denise and I (denian) would like to thank everyone in Geurnsey for your warm and freindly wellcome .A great 1st Meet (and comp for me )many thanks for the surprise prize fantastic food and relaxed family company.What a superb Island you have with so many stunning bays and beaches .It was easy to get to don't know why it took me 20 years to come back. It won't be long and we will be back again ,Great to meet the other Deeper blue members from around the country.

The "Jersey boys" are now back home and I have to say that we are all feeling pretty sad that its over for another year......... it's been great fun, great diving and great company. I hope we all meet again in 2014! Might even see u b4 at a Scottish meet? On behalf of the " Jersey boys" I wld like to thank Stephan for organizing the event and also our brilliant hosts Martyn and Sarah for another absolutely fantastic weekend in Guernsey. A huge amount of work for you both. Thank you

A few more pics from the weekend - one for the sponsors! Great to see you all again, and meet some new faces:wave

Attachments

• P1010654.jpg
    P1010654.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 234
  • P1010666.jpg
    P1010666.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 229
  • P1010667.jpg
    P1010667.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 224
Would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for making it such an incredible weekend - thank you so much Stephen, Martyn and Sarah for organising and hosting, and to Chris, Jenny and Tunny for keeping the surprise! Was great to see everyone from last year and meet some new faces. Cheers everyone and see you next year!

P.s. i've shared the good news with anyone who is likely to see on facebook, so feel free to post photos. I'd love a digital copy of any nice ones if they're not too big to email/Dropbox.

Many thanks to all involved in the organising, Mart, Sarah, Stephan and anyone else working quietly behind the scenes. It was a great weekend all around, roll on next year. (Ever organised a wedding, Mart?)

I have twisted my knee so I am restricted in the work I can do for a few days. If any locals or visitors would like a trip out on the boat on Thursday, get in touch. The tides are suitable for Gouliot Caves, or even a bit of spear fishing in some more remote locations.

Many thanks to all involved in the organising, Mart, Sarah, Stephan and anyone else working quietly behind the scenes. It was a great weekend all around, roll on next year. (Ever organised a wedding, Mart?)

I have twisted my knee so I am restricted in the work I can do for a few days. If any locals or visitors would like a trip out on the boat on Thursday, get in touch. The tides are suitable for Gouliot Caves, or even a bit of spear fishing in some more remote locations.

Sorry to hear about your knee Andy :(

I think there might be a few of us interested in a dive/swim from your boat... :)

As people have said before, a huge thank you to Stephan, Martyn and all the people who contributed to making the weekend so special :) it was really nice to meet some of the forum members and put faces to names. It was also good to catch up with people that i have met on previous DB fish-in's and of course, to check out other peoples spearo gear :) :)

Would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for making it such an incredible weekend - thank you so much Stephen, Martyn and Sarah for organising and hosting, and to Chris, Jenny and Tunny for keeping the surprise! Was great to see everyone from last year and meet some new faces. Cheers everyone and see you next year!

P.s. i've shared the good news with anyone who is likely to see on facebook, so feel free to post photos. I'd love a digital copy of any nice ones if they're not too big to email/Dropbox.

Hi congratulations again to both of you, from the Sarnians! What a great idea Rowan. Mandy was gutted she missed it! Here's an idea:
http://junebugweddings.com/img/phot...water-wedding-photo-maloman-photographers.jpg

Granti as the best dressed spearo

Ian with a bass

One for the ladies

The Jersey team

The students!

What?! I'm not a student! I work for a living!

Lol gutted Chris!

Seriously though, thank you to Stephan, Mart, Sarah & anyone else who had a hand in organising a fantastic weekend!

Just about feeling normal again now!

Cheers

Ryan

Last edited:
A big thank you from myself and Jenny to Martyn, Sarah, Stephan and all the deeperblue members who made the weekend a resounding success.
We had a fantastic time, ate delicious food, met some brilliant people and made new friends. What more can you ask for?
Suffice to say we will be returning next year. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT